Re: About weapons

  • tuamkoh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
      Symon,

      In Atlantia there doesn't seem to be any written rule on sword
      length, as long as you can control it properly while wielding it
      any "reasonable" length is acceptable. My advice, If your making a
      new sword, make it long, try it in practice and shorten as needed,
      as its harder to regrow the rattan if you've cut off too much.

      Tuam Arlechinno
      Canton Of Salisburie Glen
      Barony of Sacred Stone
      Atlantia

      "Laugh and your friends laugh with you, Die and your friends laugh
      at you."

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Petersen"
      <symondeipswich@...> wrote:

      > I have read through the SCA weapons Standards, and didn't see
      anything
      > listing the min/max length of a single handed sword. Did I miss
      it? Just
      > curious.
      >
      > --
      > Troy Petersen
      > aka Symon de Ipswich
      > Barony of Sacred Stone
      > Canton of Hindscroft
      > http://troy27265.tripod.com/
      > yahoo messanger: symon_de_ipswich
      >
      > Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
      > — I will either find a way or make one. -Unknown-

    • Troy Petersen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
        Thank you

        On 7/5/06, tuamkoh <tuamkoh@...> wrote:

        > Symon,
        >
        > In Atlantia there doesn't seem to be any written rule on sword
        > length, as long as you can control it properly while wielding it
        > any "reasonable" length is acceptable. My advice, If your making a
        > new sword, make it long, try it in practice and shorten as needed,
        > as its harder to regrow the rattan if you've cut off too much.
        >
        > Tuam Arlechinno
        > Canton Of Salisburie Glen
        > Barony of Sacred Stone
        > Atlantia
        >
        > "Laugh and your friends laugh with you, Die and your friends laugh
        > at you."
        >
        > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "Troy Petersen"
        > <symondeipswich@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have read through the SCA weapons Standards, and didn't see
        > anything
        > > listing the min/max length of a single handed sword. Did I miss
        > it? Just
        > > curious.
        > >
        > > --
        > > Troy Petersen
        > > aka Symon de Ipswich
        > > Barony of Sacred Stone
        > > Canton of Hindscroft
        > > http://troy27265.tripod.com/
        > > yahoo messanger: symon_de_ipswich
        > >
        > > Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
        > > � I will either find a way or make one. -Unknown-

        YIS