Re: [SCA Newcomers] Children's Protective Gear

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2006
      Whatever you should decide to do, I will make a
      request on behalf of the garb list and ask that you
      don't dress your daughter in the modern "I Dream of
      Genie" type outfits. "Belly dancing" garb has been a
      hot topic on the garb list lately. Here are a few
      links for info that have been submitted on that list.
      Definately pick a culture and do a bit of research on
      it. Although it seems that most cultures wore some
      variation of pants, tunic and coat.

      Some interesting fact and fiction of belly dancing:
      http://www.shira.net/debunking.htm

      Some do's and don'ts for middle eastern garb:
      http://www.willofyre.com/OriginalSite/Clothing/periodmideastgarb.html

      A few coats and some headgear:
      http://www.willofyre.com/OriginalSite/Clothing/SCAMidEasterngarb.htm

      A Scadian who belly dances in more authentic garb:
      http://www.island.net/~doerksen/dancpic2.html

      Google the terms for any of the articles of clothing
      listed here and you should get pictures, directions,
      etc:
      http://www.island.net/~doerksen/basics.html

      In service,
      Isabel