Re: [SCA Newcomers] Household question

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 4:49 PM
      On Tuesday 27 June 2006 10:30, Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi wrote:
      > In essence,  make your Household what you want it to be. It's up to
      > you on just how formal or informal you like to have things...and it'll
      > be up to you on who you claim as part of your "Family".

      Households can also just be a group of friends who like to spend time
      together. My household, Erevnite Asteron, is an example. Milica and I
      formed it back in about 1992, with just the two of us, then invited a few
      friends to join. Very informal, no ambitions of growing large or powerful,
      and not actively recruiting...just having a good time together. Photos
      and such online here: http://erevnite.4th.com/ if you're curious.

      Again, this is just one example. Households that tend toward the other end
      of the size and formality spectrum in my area include The Great Dark Horde,
      The Dark Horde Moritu, Darkyard, Vexellarius (whose name I may be misspelling),
      Stahlgeist, and several others.

      Your household can be anything you want it to be, as long as the members
      agree on the rules of the game. When you're at an SCA function, of course,
      you have to also follow SCA rules, but within that umbrella there are no
      special restrictions for households. Have fun!

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Janet
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4 7:15 PM
        ROFL...after a year or two on this list, I just
        realized that all those dots, and x's and stuff at the
        beginning of Justin's signature are swords....der. I
        was sitting here at work looking blankly at my
        computer screen for a moment and I was like, "wait a
        minute, those are swords?!?!?! How cool! How the heck
        did I never notice those before?" Just thought someone
        else might find that slightly funny.
        ~Isabel
        Falcon's Quarry
        Middle Kingdom

        > ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
        > <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()
        > Maistor Iustinos Tekton called Justin (Scott
        > Courtney)
        > Gules, on a bezant a fleam sable and on a chief
        > dovetailed Or two
        > keys fesswise reversed sable.
        >
        > Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio)
        > http://4th.com/sca/justin/
        > justin@... PGP Public Key at
        > http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4 7:22 PM
          Quoting Janet <HI_it_is_me@...>:

          > ROFL...after a year or two on this list, I just
          > realized that all those dots, and x's and stuff at the
          > beginning of Justin's signature are swords....der. I
          > was sitting here at work looking blankly at my
          > computer screen for a moment and I was like, "wait a
          > minute, those are swords?!?!?! How cool! How the heck
          > did I never notice those before?" Just thought someone
          > else might find that slightly funny.

          ROTFLOL! I think I've been on the list longer than that, and I didn't
          notice it till you pointed it out!

          Jerusha
          > ~Isabel
          > Falcon's Quarry
          > Middle Kingdom
          >
          >> ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
          >> <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()
          >> Maistor Iustinos Tekton called Justin (Scott
          >> Courtney)
          >> Gules, on a bezant a fleam sable and on a chief
          >> dovetailed Or two
          >> keys fesswise reversed sable.
          >>
          >> Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio)
          >> http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          >> justin@... PGP Public Key at
          >> http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...
          University of Tennessee
        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4 7:53 PM
            On Tuesday 04 July 2006 22:15, Janet wrote:
            > ROFL...after a year or two on this list, I just
            > realized that all those dots, and x's and stuff at the
            > beginning of Justin's signature are swords....der. I
            > was sitting here at work looking blankly at my
            > computer screen for a moment and I was like, "wait a
            > minute, those are swords?!?!?! How cool! How the heck
            > did I never notice those before?" Just thought someone
            > else might find that slightly funny.

            I can't take credit for the idea, but I'm glad you liked them. They are
            adapted from an original design by Mistress Rosamund Beauvisage, who
            kindly allowed me to imitate her work. I adapted the design slightly to
            my own taste, but the concept was hers.

            keys fesswise reversed sable.