Re: [SCA Newcomers] About weapons

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
      On Thursday 22 June 2006 12:15, Signora Beatrice wrote:
      > Nope.  There's a max length for polearms and for mass weapons, but for
      > single edged one-handed weapons, there's no regulatory length.

      Be sure to check your kingdom rules, though, as some kingdoms do impose
      limits.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • tuamkoh
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
        Symon,

        In Atlantia there doesn't seem to be any written rule on sword
        length, as long as you can control it properly while wielding it
        any "reasonable" length is acceptable. My advice, If your making a
        new sword, make it long, try it in practice and shorten as needed,
        as its harder to regrow the rattan if you've cut off too much.

        Tuam Arlechinno
        Canton Of Salisburie Glen
        Barony of Sacred Stone
        Atlantia

        "Laugh and your friends laugh with you, Die and your friends laugh
        at you."

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Petersen"
        <symondeipswich@...> wrote:

        > I have read through the SCA weapons Standards, and didn't see
        anything
        > listing the min/max length of a single handed sword. Did I miss
        it? Just
        > curious.
        >
        > --
        > Troy Petersen
        > aka Symon de Ipswich
        > Barony of Sacred Stone
        > Canton of Hindscroft
        > http://troy27265.tripod.com/
        > yahoo messanger: symon_de_ipswich
        >
        > Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
        > — I will either find a way or make one. -Unknown-

      • Troy Petersen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2006
          Thank you

          On 7/5/06, tuamkoh <tuamkoh@...> wrote:

          > Symon,
          >
          > In Atlantia there doesn't seem to be any written rule on sword
          > length, as long as you can control it properly while wielding it
          > any "reasonable" length is acceptable. My advice, If your making a
          > new sword, make it long, try it in practice and shorten as needed,
          > as its harder to regrow the rattan if you've cut off too much.
          >
          > Tuam Arlechinno
          > Canton Of Salisburie Glen
          > Barony of Sacred Stone
          > Atlantia
          >
          > "Laugh and your friends laugh with you, Die and your friends laugh
          > at you."
          >
          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "Troy Petersen"
          > <symondeipswich@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have read through the SCA weapons Standards, and didn't see
          > anything
          > > listing the min/max length of a single handed sword. Did I miss
          > it? Just
          > > curious.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Troy Petersen
          > > aka Symon de Ipswich
          > > Barony of Sacred Stone
          > > Canton of Hindscroft
          > > http://troy27265.tripod.com/
          > > yahoo messanger: symon_de_ipswich
          > >
          > > Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
          > > � I will either find a way or make one. -Unknown-

          YIS