Re: [SCA Newcomers] Having a problem researching....

  • Kathrine HomHaun
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2006
      Thank-tou for your offer. I'm Maeve de Chesne, my first name origanated in 13th century Wales and my last name originated in 13th century Scotland. That is about as far a i've gotten with my persona. I am having a hard time gathering information on what women in that day in age did. Can you possibly help me find out? I would be eternally grateful. I am in the Kingdom of Trimaris. My thanks and service is yours,
      Maeve de Chesne m.k.a. Kathrine Homhaun
      Sean OBrien <ohoolighanofnorthkeep@...> wrote:
      Hi, there! My name is Aodh (prounced EE, AY) O'Hoolighan. I am from the greatest kingdom in the known world, Ansteorra! I live in the Barony of Northkeep. I am an Irishman from Galway City, Ireland. I am a fisherman and farmer. My family and I fled Ireland when the Normans began invading our great country, so I was introduced to several different countries and their ways and works. I am fairly good at finding information for people and would be happy to assist you in the hunt for specifics. I am am at your service. All I ask is that you give an Irishman a hand one day!

      With Respect,
      Aodh O'Hoolighan
      m.k.a. Susan

      stephanienkirk <stephanienkirk@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      So I am running into wall after wall for trying to research my persona.
      Basically so far this is what I have .... I picked Celtic and my first
      name is Lasairiona.... I having trouble finding specifics on
      attire/name/areas/time frames for myself as I haven't picked a time
      frame either since I was going for the clothes look first haha. Could
      anyone possibly help me out a little....

    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2006
        Quoth Kathrine HomHaun:
        > Thank-tou for your offer. I'm Maeve de Chesne, my first name origanated in =
        > 13th century Wales and my last name originated in 13th century Scotland. Th=
        > at is about as far a i've gotten with my persona. I am having a hard time g=
        > athering information on what women in that day in age did. Can you possibly=
        > help me find out? I would be eternally grateful. I am in the Kingdom of T=
        > rimaris. My thanks and service is yours,

        If you're developing a Scottish persona, you definitely need to
        check out http://www.medievalscotland.org/. It has articles on
        names, history, clothing, languages, heraldry, literature, and
        lots more.

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2006
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "stephanienkirk"
          <stephanienkirk@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > So I am running into wall after wall for trying to research my
          persona.
          > Basically so far this is what I have .... I picked Celtic and my
          first
          > name is Lasairiona.... I having trouble finding specifics on
          > attire/name/areas/time frames for myself as I haven't picked a time
          > frame either since I was going for the clothes look first haha. Could
          > anyone possibly help me out a little....

          Thank everyone so very much for your help in pointing me in the right
          direction I greatly appreciate it all.