Re: [SCA Newcomers] new to the sca

  • Sydney Walker Freedman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2006
      If you are French and like corsets, then a 16th-century French persona may
      be just the thing for you. :) If you speak modern French, you will find
      16th-century names, texts, etc. a little bit easier to deal with then,
      say, 12th-century ones. :) English is the same way; modern readers often
      find Shakespeare easier to understand than 12th and early 13th-century
      texts such as the Poema Morale or what have you. Anyway, enough tangents.
      :) Do you have any specific questions regarding your persona or anything
      else? Before I finish, let me say welcome!

      Pax Christi,
      Lady Cecilia de Cambrige

      > well, im somewhat new to the sca. ive been going to a few events over
      > the past few years, but im finally goin to join. So, im trying to find
      > a name, persona, garb (for that persona) etc. i really love corsets,
      > and would like to integrate that into my persona. im also french, so id
      > like to put that in here somewhere too. if anyone can help me get
      > started, it would be much appreciated.

      > Medieval and renaissance costume
      > Medieval time dinner and tournament
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS