Re: [SCA Newcomers] how to get involved

  • AdolphusXB1200@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2006
      Lisa,
      I am assuming your still in the Philadelphia area? There are several groups in that area but the major one is the Barony of Bhakail - http://bhakail.eastkingdom.org/ from that there are links to the other groups.
      I am currently down in Delaware myself in the Shire of Caer Adamant.
      If you need any other assistance let me know,
      Yours in service,
      Adolphus
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2006
        Quoth "Linda J. Daly":
        > Depending on where you are in the greater Philly area, there's also

        I'm actually in Polderslot, Drachenwald (Amsterdam, The Netherlands). :)

        > Hartshorn-Dale <http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/> (Norristown, Ambler,

        Oh, yes, I know Julia and Marti and I believe Scholastica is there
        too. Very nice people!

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2006
          On 5/10/06, Sara L Uckelman <liana@...> wrote:

          > Quoth "Linda J. Daly":
          >
          > > Depending on where you are in the greater Philly area, there's also
          >
          > I'm actually in Polderslot, Drachenwald (Amsterdam, The Netherlands). :)
          >

          > > Hartshorn-Dale <http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/> (Norristown, Ambler,
          >
          > Oh, yes, I know Julia and Marti and I believe Scholastica is there
          > too. Very nice people!
          >

          > -Aryanhwy

          Yes, I am in Hartshorn Dale. Linda, by the way, is poising herself to jump
          into name research.

          Scolastica

          --
          http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

          If you can't get rid of them ugly old skeletons in the closet, at least
          teach
          'em how to dance funny. Billy C. Wirtz

        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2006
            Thanks, Maria, Sarah, et al. I have actually had an off-list response from someone here in Philly who can help.

            I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better...

            Lisa

            Maria <scarlettmb@...> wrote:
            There's also the Canton of Gleann nam Feòrag Dhuibhe in Media. I have spoken to these people frequently because I'm originally from the Philadelphia area and they are also very nice and quick to respond.

            What you have to remember is that the SCA groups are set up (usually) by zip codes. So, if you contact the Chatelaine for the group, she should be able to tell you which group you belong in. I can do that for any group in Ansteorra.

            Anyway, the point here is, contact her. Her email addy is chatelaine@....

            I'm sure she'll be able to give you some information.

            I'm also planning to forward your email to her so she can contact you.

            In Service to the Dream,
            Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici
            Maria Buchanan
            Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
            Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
            281-433-0347
            I am interested in becoming involved with the SCA and need some
            info. I attended an event in Pittsburgh some years back and took
            some dancing classes, but life pulled me in another direction and I
            got away from it.

            A year ago, I contacted the Chatelaine for the group in
            Philadelphia, PA and never got an answer. I contacted someone else
            and she asked me my interests, then I never heard back from her
            again. I recently tried again and have not heard back from anyone.

            Is this group still up and running? Is their membership closed??
            How do I make contact with the right person???

            Anyone have any suggestions for getting started? I still have an
            interest and would like to follow it up...

            Thanks.

            Lisa

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            And then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes...James Joyce