I found this song while surfing....

  • Cathy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2006
      Hello to all,

      I found this song while surfing the net and I couldn't resist sending
      it to the group!

      Cathy at FF

      Local SCA

      by somebody in Three Rivers Barony(?)
      filk: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

      Arrest these merry gentles, nay it would be so unkind,
      If you'll but wait a moment sir, we will relieve your mind.
      We are not escaped lunatics, so kindly us unbind,
      For we are your local SCA, SCA
      For we are your local SCA.

      These men aren't wearing dresses, sir, those are not panty hose.
      No, those are tights and tunics, sir, they are medieval clothes.
      And men were really macho then, as everybody knows,
      So please do not look upon us that way,
      For we are your local SCA.

      We recreate past ages, sir, and that is all we do.
      Please give our swords and knives to us. We'd like our axes, too.
      Return us all our weapons, sir, the act you will not rue
      For we mostly use them for display, display.
      For we are your local SCA.

      We really are not dangerous, although we like to fight.
      We do it on a tourney field, you see, so it's all right.
      And we wear lots of armor, too, like any noble knight,
      And use our wooden sticks to whale away, whale away
      For we are your local SCA.

      Oh, we pavanne in public sir, the horse bransle do also.
      Full many a fine feast attend and to a revel go.
      And all that night we sing and drink, for free the mead doth flow,
      Then drive four hundred miles the next day, the next day,
      For we are your local SCA.

      We have a King and Prince who do our loyalty command
      I'm from Forth Castle shire fair, the finest in the land.
      And we are on our way to court, but not the one you planned.
      Oh, please let us go upon our way, our way.
      For we are your local SCA.

      Arrest these merry gentles, nay, discretion you should use.
      For we are lords and ladies, so how can you refuse?
      I say, that is a lady, sir, you should not her abuse.
      It is not genteel to act this way, this way,
      And lock up your local SCA!