Garb Question

  • Selena
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 26, 2006
      Hi all...for all of you who can't get enough garb questions
      (sarcasism), here's another one from a newbie..What is the appropiate
      fabric to use when making your first outfit..I ask this because I
      heard a man at the last meeting say that after 12 years he was
      completely period..I was under the impression, from another kingdom we
      declined to join, that you were supposed to use the fabric you would
      have found at that time, or as close to it as possible(ie.
      linen)..thanks for any info
    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2006
        Quoth "Selena":
        > Hi all...for all of you who can't get enough garb questions
        > (sarcasism), here's another one from a newbie..What is the appropiate
        > fabric to use when making your first outfit..I ask this because I
        > heard a man at the last meeting say that after 12 years he was
        > completely period..I was under the impression, from another kingdom we
        > declined to join, that you were supposed to use the fabric you would
        > have found at that time, or as close to it as possible(ie.
        > linen)..thanks for any info

        For making your first outfit, you can't go wrong with 100% cotton
        broadcloth, 100% linen, or 100% wool - basically, any type of
        fabric which is made wholly out of non-synthetic fibers.

        Some people after 10 years will find that their clothes are 100%
        authentic for what they do. Some of us, after 10 years, find they've
        got one cotton underdress and one silk cotehardie, and that's it,
        neither of which are appropriate for their persona's time period or
        culture. :)

        So long as you make an attempt at medieval-style garb, no one
        should be giving you any grief. As you learn more you can always
        increase the authenticity of your garb, but that's your choice, and
        if you decide not to make it, that's fine. (I'll probably never
        have more authentic garb than what I have now unless someone makes
        it for me, because I hate sewing).

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1, 2006
          Greetings from Beatrice

          Appropriate fabric for your first outfit? Something that looks vaguely
          medieval! Beyond that, well...

          I recommend natural fibers (linen, cotton, silk, wool). If you're going
          to use non-natural fibers, try to get ones that don't have a plasticy
          shine to them. This isn't just a "look" issue, this is also about fire
          resistance, breathability, comfort, drape, etc.

          As far as colors, you've got a very wide range of choices. In general,
          avoid neon. Pastels and gem tones are fine. Pretty much any color in
          nature (flowers, trees, grass, earth, brick, etc.) is safe.

          For patterns, try to stick to solids or _woven_ patterns (stripes, checks,
          etc.). Printed fabrics, for the most part, are not period. Single color
          brocades look okay from a distance, but many of the patterns are not
          period, so if you care at that level of authenticity, avoid them until you
          can learn more about period brocades.

          Remember, the only *REQUIREMENT* for attendance at an SCA sanctioned event
          is an ATTEMPT at period clothing. If anyone throws a fit at you, send
          them to me. Their rudeness in berating your attempt is FAR worse than any
          transgression against their period sensibilities.

          If I can help with choices, patterns, etc, please let me know. I'm a
          seamstress and have been doing this for nearly a decade. I've got all
          sorts of internet resources, for everything from patterns, fabric, and
          trim through finished garb.

          For some of us, authenticity is a goal. For others, it's a journey,
          taking one more little step at a time. For still others, it's a fleeting
          concern, and they are only concerned about the look (or even the fabled 10
          foot rule). Any of these are acceptable in our Society, and we embrace
          all of them.

          Many people move more towards authentic as they have more time in the
          Society, but this is NOT a requirement. You do not have to have leather
          turnshoes that you made yourself, linen undergarments from flax you grew
          yourself, wool tunics from a sheep you reared from a lamb, etc. etc. etc.
          For some people, this is enjoyable. For others, it's a chore. Do it only
          if you think it's fun.

          --- Selena <selenadepp@...> wrote:

          > Hi all...for all of you who can't get enough garb questions
          > (sarcasism), here's another one from a newbie..What is the appropiate
          > fabric to use when making your first outfit..I ask this because I
          > heard a man at the last meeting say that after 12 years he was
          > completely period..I was under the impression, from another kingdom we
          > declined to join, that you were supposed to use the fabric you would
          > have found at that time, or as close to it as possible(ie.
          > linen)..thanks for any info

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
          Message 4 of 20 , May 1, 2006
            Selena wrote:
            > What is the appropiate fabric to use when making your first outfit. .
            > .I was under the impression. . .that you were supposed to use the
            > fabric you would have found at that time, or as close to it as
            > possible(ie. linen)

            One of the hallmarks of the SCA is that it is up to each individual to
            make her or his own decisions as to what is appropriate. The rules
            <http://sca.org/docs/govdocs.pdf> say (1) that SCA events are intended
            to evoke the atmosphere of the pre-17th century European Middle Ages
            and Renaissance and (2) "[a]nyone may attend Society events provided he
            or she wears an attempt at pre-17th century clothing". That's it.
            There are no official judgments--or even recommendations--about exactly
            what an individual should wear.

            I, personally, believe that "attempt" means "try your best". So, I do
            my best to make things that look like real pre-17th century clothes, as
            well as things that contribute as much as possible to the evocation of
            the aforementioned atmosphere. That does mean using the closest thing
            to period fabrics available to me (as well as the closest thing to
            period construction and decoration), because nothing looks like linen
            but linen and nothing looks like wool but wool. But that's my personal
            choice; you are free to make your own determination.

            Which fabrics would have been available to your persona will be
            determined by when and where she "lives". If you want to be as
            authentic as possible to a specific period, you'll have to learn more
            about that period's options. A good place to start looking is the
            Atlantian Arts and Sciences Links pages for costume and clothing
            <http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/wsnlinks/index.php?
            action=displaycat&catid=10>; just click to the relevant area(s). If
            you just want a sense of what was broadly available, so that you can
            make your best effort at a general medieval outfit, I recommend
            Reconstructing History's "Your First Garb"
            <http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/FirstGarb.html>. The
            comments and instructions there apply to most of Europe during most of
            the SCA millenium.

            If you are concerned less with what's technically allowed than with
            what's expected and accepted, you'll have to turn to your local group
            for information. Prevalent attitudes about authenticity vary widely
            from area to area.

            Welcome to the Society, and good luck!

            Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            Barony of Bryn Gwlad
            Kingdom of Ansteorra
            <mailto:Coblaith@...>
          • Susan B. Farmer
            Message 5 of 20 , May 1, 2006
              Quoting Sara L Uckelman <liana@...>:

              > Quoth "Selena":
              >> Hi all...for all of you who can't get enough garb questions
              >> (sarcasism), here's another one from a newbie..What is the appropiate
              >> fabric to use when making your first outfit..I ask this because I
              >> heard a man at the last meeting say that after 12 years he was
              >> completely period..I was under the impression, from another kingdom we
              >> declined to join, that you were supposed to use the fabric you would
              >> have found at that time, or as close to it as possible(ie.
              >> linen)..thanks for any info

              Say what? That's the first of ever heard of *that* IMHO, that's a
              *stupid* idea! Not that you shouldn't use period fabrics, but that you
              can *only* use fabric that your persona would have had access too.
              (sounds more like the Civil War Guys (tm) or a true re-enactors guild
              type thing!)

              Most folks here swear by linen, (and I have some that I haven't had the
              chance to make up yet), but it I was required to wear silk, I'd be
              running around in my "shimmy" (as we say here in the mountains)!

              Jerusha (who usually heard a "slip" described as a "shimmy" as a child)
              -----
              Susan Farmer
              sfarmer@...
              University of Tennessee
              Message 6 of 20 , May 1, 2006
                In a message dated 5/1/2006 10:51:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

                <<Hi all...for all of you who can't get enough garb questions
                (sarcasism), here's another one from a newbie..What is the appropiate
                fabric to use when making your first outfit..I ask this because I
                heard a man at the last meeting say that after 12 years he was
                completely period..I was under the impression, from another kingdom we
                declined to join, that you were supposed to use the fabric you would
                have found at that time, or as close to it as possible(ie.
                linen)..thanks for any info>>

                The only official rule is that one must make "an attempt" at clothing from
                before 1600. It does not say what fabric or even how good of an attempt.
                Technically, something like a church pageant outfit made from a bedsheet would
                be within the rules.

                That said, I'm of the school that says the attempt should be as close as
                possible for your means and knowledge. Many people find that, if they haven't
                really decided on a persona yet, they need a few simple tunics/gowns for their
                first few events. Many times, these are made of very cheap fabric, because
                they figure if it's just temporary garb, why put a lot of money into it?
                There is certainly some merit to this, and if you feel this way, I urge you to
                at least use 100% cotton rather than a polycotton. 100% cotton will be cooler
                in hot weather; polyester doesn't breathe and makes you feel hotter. Also,
                there tend to be more open flames than most people are used to in this
                environment, and polyester in contact with flame melts and sticks to your skin,
                causing more severe burns.

                The fabrics that would have been most readily available in most places
                throughout SCA period would be linens and wools (but not knit wools - wool
                broadcloth would be more like it). These can be pricey, and if you aren't used to
                working with them, a bit scary. Linen frays easily, so it needs special
                treatment on hems and seams. Wool shrinks, and many people find it scratchy.
                There are relatively simple ways around these issues that I'd be happy to talk
                about further if people are interested. The true virtue to these fabrics is
                not the fact that they are period, but their comfort level. Linen is, hands
                down, the most comfortable fabric I've ever encountered for hot humid weather,
                even better than 100% cotton. If you run your linen through the washer and
                dryer (no drycleaning needed, despite modern ideas on the subject), it keeps
                getting softer and softer and more comfortable. Wool, on the other hand is
                one of the most versatile fabrics. It's the best thing for keeping you warm
                and dry at events; it naturally sheds water and will keep you warm even if it
                gets damp. Tropical weight wools breathe better than polycottons and can
                even be worn comfortably in the summer. Wool is also naturally fire retardant.
                Linen underclothes with a couple of layers of various weights of wool to go
                over top will see you through everything from 45 or 50 degrees and rainy to
                about 85 comfortably, and if you make an outer garment of linen that will take
                you up to about 100 degrees.

                Lancaster, PA

              • Billy Miller
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                  Me:

                  Male, 33, New to SCA, Some Sewing Experience (quilting), no experience
                  sewing clothing

                  Pattern Source: http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/index.php?s=
                  <http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/index.php?s=&c=8&d=141&e=&f=&g=&a=126&
                  w=2> &c=8&d=141&e=&f=&g=&a=126&w=2

                  Ok, so last night I dragged out my sewing machine and the Tunic Pattern from
                  Reconstructing History. My nephew is in town (13 yo) and bouncing off the
                  walls about the SCA. I wanted to test the pattern to make sure I understood
                  it (before making my own tunic and gambeson from this pattern) and happened
                  to have a couple of yards of fabric lying around (from a different project)
                  so we whipped up this little gem in a couple of hours. I turned out OK (it
                  was a little tight across the chest, but no so much so as to be
                  restrictive), but I realized that there are absolutely no instructions for
                  finishing the neck and I've never finished a neck line before! I hemmed
                  both the sleeves and the bottom (does this part actually have a name?) of
                  the tunic, but the neck at this point is just a raw cut. Anyone got any
                  good advice about what should be done with the neck? Weblinks are always
                  appreciated!

                  Thanks,

                  Billy Miller

                • Sara L Uckelman
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                    Quoth "Billy Miller":
                    > the tunic, but the neck at this point is just a raw cut. Anyone got any
                    > good advice about what should be done with the neck? Weblinks are always
                    > appreciated!

                    This is how I usually finish necks:

                    Cut a square of fabric which is larger than the neck hole, and cut a circle
                    in the square which is the same size and shape as the neck hole. Pin the
                    square to the *outside* of the tunic so that the holes line up. Sew around
                    the circle fairly close to the edge. Then, turn the square flap into
                    the inside of the tunic; iron it in place and, if you want, top stitch,
                    embroider, or sew some trim around the neckline so that the flap doesn't
                    flip back to the outside of the tunic.

                    This method works also with necks where you've got both a circular hole
                    for the neck + a slit down the front, just make the slit in your square
                    of fabric as well.

                    Hope this explanation makes sense!

                    -Aryanhwy

                    --
                    vita sine literis mors est
                    http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Sara L Uckelman <liana@...> wrote:

                      > Quoth "Billy Miller":
                      > > the tunic, but the neck at this point is just a raw cut. Anyone
                      got any good advice about what should be done with the neck? Weblinks
                      are always appreciated!

                      If I may be so bold as to add some more ideas..... Mark the shoulder
                      line, neck to sleeve, with a pin or something. Then try to center
                      the "soon-to-be-sewn" neckline so that 1/3 of the opening is on the
                      backside and the other 2/3's are on the front of the shoulder line.
                      You will be much more comfortable if the neckline isn't pulling across
                      your throat.

                      If you don't wish to mess with a front slit in your neckline, do a
                      little geometry to figure out what diameter hole you need to get the
                      tunic over your head.

                      1) Measure around your head. 2) Take that measurement and divide
                      by "pi". Very easy to do if you have a calculator with a "pi" key, or
                      use the simplified 3.14. For example, if your head measured 24 inches
                      around, it would be 24 divided by 3.14 = 7.64. That means you want to
                      make a hole for the neckline that is about 7 3/4" in diameter, or a
                      smidgen larger.

                      2) If you aren't handy with circle making, find a pot lid or plate
                      that comes close to the measurement and trace it on a piece of paper,
                      then lay the paper on your tunic piece and mark the circle. If your
                      circle is a bit smaller than the needed diameter, keep in mind that
                      you can sew just outside the marked circle to increase the size of the
                      circle. (Be careful - if you add 1/4" to the diameter, the hole
                      becomes 25" around instead of 24". Make very gradual increases if you
                      want to control the size of the opening.) If you are handy with your
                      computer, the "draw" function in Word allows you to create circles and
                      you can see the diameter at the bottom of the screen.

                      Hope this has been some help, but by the same manner, you may have
                      already figured all of this out.

                      Regards,

                      Bebhinn
                      College of Brymstonne
                      Kingdom of Atenveldt
                    • Billy
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                        Yes, this helps very much! Thanks.

                        One more question to all. I'm planning to construct a gambeson from
                        the Reconstructing History pattern (yes, from a moving blanket). Any
                        thoughts about the gores? If I understand the pattern correctly (and
                        looking at the garb we did last night), the gores basically double the
                        circumference of the bottom of the tunic (the four gores having a
                        total length equal to the width of both the front and back of the
                        tunic). My mind says this is going to be a bit much with quilted
                        material. Has anyone out there built a gambeson like this? Advice
                        is, as always, greatly appreciated.

                        Thanks,
                        Billy

                      • schnauzer2@cox.net
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                          I find that for a gambeson it fits better without the gores. U put my armor over the padded gambeson, so bunch is uncomfortale. If you put slits from just below your waist to the bottom in the fron, back and both sides, you have lots of freedom of movement, but no bunching.

                          YIS,
                          Sian verch Gwilim ap Lewelin
                          Atlantia/Barony Ponte Alto
                          ---- Billy <brim4799@...> wrote:

                          =============
                          Yes, this helps very much! Thanks.

                          One more question to all. I'm planning to construct a gambeson from
                          the Reconstructing History pattern (yes, from a moving blanket). Any
                          thoughts about the gores? If I understand the pattern correctly (and
                          looking at the garb we did last night), the gores basically double the
                          circumference of the bottom of the tunic (the four gores having a
                          total length equal to the width of both the front and back of the
                          tunic). My mind says this is going to be a bit much with quilted
                          material. Has anyone out there built a gambeson like this? Advice
                          is, as always, greatly appreciated.

                          Thanks,
                          Billy

                          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Sara L Uckelman <liana@...> wrote:

                          > Quoth "Billy Miller":
                          > > the tunic, but the neck at this point is just a raw cut. Anyone
                          got any
                          > > good advice about what should be done with the neck? Weblinks are
                          always
                          > > appreciated!
                          >
                          > This is how I usually finish necks:
                          >
                          > Cut a square of fabric which is larger than the neck hole, and cut a
                          circle
                          > in the square which is the same size and shape as the neck hole.
                          Pin the
                          > square to the *outside* of the tunic so that the holes line up. Sew
                          around
                          > the circle fairly close to the edge. Then, turn the square flap into
                          > the inside of the tunic; iron it in place and, if you want, top stitch,
                          > embroider, or sew some trim around the neckline so that the flap doesn't
                          > flip back to the outside of the tunic.
                          >
                          > This method works also with necks where you've got both a circular hole
                          > for the neck + a slit down the front, just make the slit in your square
                          > of fabric as well.
                          >
                          > Hope this explanation makes sense!
                          >
                          > -Aryanhwy
                          >
                          > --
                          > vita sine literis mors est
                          > http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/

                        • Janet
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                            We made my boyfriends gambeson like a vest. The front has two ties across his chest. The gambeson goes down to his knees and is slit in the back, almost to the waist. The sleeves tie on at the shoulder (set slightly to the front not on top of the shoulder) which is great because he can wear it long sleeves, 3/4 length sleeves, short sleeves, or without sleeves at all depending on the weather and such. I could find you some pictures if you'd like to see it.

                            ---- Billy <brim4799@gmail. com> wrote:

                            ============ =

                            Yes, this helps very much! Thanks.

                            One more question to all. I'm planning to construct a gambeson from

                            the Reconstructing History pattern (yes, from a moving blanket). Any

                            thoughts about the gores? If I understand the pattern correctly (and

                            looking at the garb we did last night), the gores basically double the

                            circumference of the bottom of the tunic (the four gores having a

                            total length equal to the width of both the front and back of the

                            tunic). My mind says this is going to be a bit much with quilted

                            material. Has anyone out there built a gambeson like this? Advice

                            is, as always, greatly appreciated.

                            Thanks,

                            Billy

                            that gives answers, not web links.
                          • schnauzer2@cox.net
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                              I just wanted to comment that my last post was done on a blackberry (very tiny buttons). After reading it on the list it looks like I am almost illiterate. I'm just very bad at fast, blackberry typing.

                              Slightly embarrassed,
                              Sian

                              =============

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                                I'd love to see the pics! Feel free to send them direct if you need to:

                                BillyMiller3_AT_gmail_DOT_com

                                Thanks!

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 7, 2007
                                  Sian, It's ok, I knew what you were trying to say. :)

                                  Billy, And I'll get some pics taken and send them to you in the next few days. :)

[...]

                                  http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;} #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;} #ygrp-text{ font-family:Georgia; } #ygrp-text p{ margin:0 0 1em 0;} #ygrp-tpmsgs{ font-family:Arial; clear:both;} #ygrp-vitnav{ padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;} #ygrp-vitnav a{ padding:0 1px;} #ygrp-actbar{ clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;} #ygrp-actbar .left{ float:left;white-space:nowrap;} .bld{font-weight:bold;} #ygrp-grft{ font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;} #ygrp-ft{ font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666; padding:5px 0; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{ padding-bottom:10px;} #ygrp-vital{ background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;} #ygrp-vital
                                  #vithd{ font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;} #ygrp-vital ul{ padding:0;margin:2px 0;} #ygrp-vital ul li{ list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee; } #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{ font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;} #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{ font-weight:bold;} #ygrp-vital a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrp-vital a:hover{ text-decoration:underline;} #ygrp-sponsor #hd{ color:#999;font-size:77%;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov{ padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{ padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{ list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{ text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;} #ygrp-sponsor #nc { background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad{ padding:8px 0;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                                  font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration:none;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration:underline;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin:0;} o {font-size:0;} .MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0;} #ygrp-text tt{ font-size:120%;} blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;} .replbq {margin:4;} -->

                                • Patrick Callahan
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 8, 2007
                                    Sorry but I just thought it was odd for 33 year old
                                    male to be admitting to having quilting experience.
                                    Personally I am more in to bead work, but, I still
                                    hesitate to speak of it in mixed company.

                                    Krezye Padreyk
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 8, 2007
                                      In a message dated 6/8/2007 2:15:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                      naspiritwalker@... writes:

                                      <<Sorry but I just thought it was odd for 33 year old
                                      male to be admitting to having quilting experience.
                                      Personally I am more in to bead work, but, I still
                                      hesitate to speak of it in mixed company.>>

                                      Not in the SCA, it's not. No gender rules for crafts around here. I know
                                      female blacksmiths and male beaders, etc.

                                      I present for your edification the following conversation I overheard at an
                                      event:

                                      Knight and squire walking down a road having an animated discussion.. One
                                      assumes, of course, that they are talking about fighting or armor or weapons.
                                      Until they get into earshot.
                                      Squire: "Now, my embroidery..."
                                      Knight: "Your embroidery? I've seen your embroidery. It's a mess. The
                                      back's a whole bunch of tangles!"

                                      Then, of course, there is Viscount Master Master Sir Edward Zifron of Gendy
                                      (yes, all three earned peerages and a royal peer as well), current seneschal
                                      of the East Kingdom and frequent BOD member. People always assume his
                                      Laurel is for armor. It's for bobbin lace, if I recall correctly. Either that or
                                      embroidery.

                                      Lancaster, PA

                                      And yes, I am well awar ethat stacking up titles like that is completely
                                      non-period and completely silly. Viscount Edward is otherwise known as "His
                                      Etceteracy".

                                    • Wolfy
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 8, 2007
                                        > Then, of course, there is Viscount Master Master Sir Edward Zifron of Gendy
                                        > (yes, all three earned peerages and a royal peer as well), current seneschal
                                        > of the East Kingdom and frequent BOD member. People always assume his
                                        > Laurel is for armor. It's for bobbin lace, if I recall correctly. Either that or
                                        > embroidery.

                                        Are you talking about Sir Edward, who is also knows as "Fast Eddy" ?

                                        ~Wolfy

                                        --
                                        The heart has reasons which reason does not know. (Blaise Pascal)
                                      • Signora Beatrice
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 8, 2007
                                          *grins*

                                          Yep. That's Fast Eddie.

                                          Ask him sometime about his Academy for Wild Women.

                                          --- Wolfy <littlegraywolf@...> wrote:

                                          > > Then, of course, there is Viscount Master Master Sir Edward Zifron of
                                          > Gendy
                                          > > (yes, all three earned peerages and a royal peer as well), current
                                          > seneschal
                                          > > of the East Kingdom and frequent BOD member. People always assume
                                          > his
                                          > > Laurel is for armor. It's for bobbin lace, if I recall correctly.
                                          > Either that or
                                          > > embroidery.
                                          >
                                          > Are you talking about Sir Edward, who is also knows as "Fast Eddy" ?
                                          >
                                          > ~Wolfy
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > The heart has reasons which reason does not know. (Blaise Pascal)

                                          In Service to Lioncourt Manor and An Tir,
                                          Signora Beatrice Domenici della Campana

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 10, 2007
                                            In a message dated 6/8/2007 6:30:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                            littlegraywolf@... writes:

                                            <<Are you talking about Sir Edward, who is also knows as "Fast Eddy" ?>>

                                            Yes, I am.

                                            Lancaster, PA