Re: [SCA Newcomers] Greetings and Well Met

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2006
      On Wednesday 26 April 2006 15:08, Frank Petersen wrote:
      > My thanks, I will look into both.  I realize it may be out of your
      > area, but know anything about the groups in Muncie(Farmland) and
      > Monroeville?

      I'm afraid I don't know anyone from those areas (unless someone I do
      know is from there but I don't know they are from there...you know how
      that goes).

      > Shadowed Stars (Shire) and The Shire Of Afonlyn both have locations
      > that appear to also be very near to me, but sadly as so many sites
      > are (I'm a web designer by trade so I notice these things!) their
      > sites are either 404 or very outdated.  I'd estimate Afonlyn is
      > under 45 from my home.

      Don't conclude from a missing web site that the group itself is inactive.
      Go to that Midrealm Seneschallorum page I recommended earlier and contact
      the Seneschal directly. Since webmastering is (1) an optional office and
      (2) a volunteer position, it's entirely possible for a viable group to have
      a missing web site.

      If you contact a Seneschal and find that a Midrealm group's website has
      moved, but it's still wrong on the Seneschallorum page, please ask their
      Seneschal to contact me. I'm the Database Deputy to the Middle Kingdom
      Seneschal, and I am the person who can update their URL in the Midrealm
      listing. But to do this I need an email or phone call from their Seneschal.

      Have fun! I'm glad we've got a Norborough resident on the list, and I'll
      leave it to the two of you to make further contact as you wish.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.