Re: [SCA Newcomers] Devices...

  • Melissa Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2006
      Greetings,
      You can not submit your registration via the Internet...it still must be mailed in through your local herald and yes it does still take up to nine months (kind of like waiting to give birth) to register. If you get a fast track submission it might take only six to seven months.

      These are the ONLY colors register able through the College of Arms (CoA):
      azure=blue
      gules=red
      sable=black
      vert=green
      purpue=purple
      Or=gold (yellow) [which is the only one capitalized BTW]
      argent=silver (white)
      Orange, brown,maroon are all post period and not register able. As for gun metal or gray that would need to become argent/white.

      As for your device and the blazon here is the best I can discern:

      Sable a phoenix proper within a bordure Or.

      I do not believe that a bird can support anything in its wings...as lest this is what I've gathered from recent discussion on the heralds list. So you could have the mace/mallet/hammer fess wise (which is to say...laying in a horizontal position) in chief (above the phoenix head). That would read thus:

      Sable a phoenix proper fess-wise in chief a mallet within a bordure Or

      Or something very close to that.

      The default position of a phoenix is issuant from flames (other wise it isn't phoenix) wings displayed.

      I hope this helps you out some. I didn't conflict check this device at all so I can not say if it would pass or not. If you want any more help please contact me off list and I'll be glad to do what I can to assist you.

      As always I remain...

      In service to "The Dream",
      Frau Hedwig von Luneborg
      Serpentine Pursuivant, Loch Soilleir