Well, Hello

  • ellenrw1
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 7:01 AM
      Well hello all,
      Yes this is the obligatory *wave* Hello-I'm-New-Here.

      My name is Ellen, I live in Delaware, and although I'm not a rough
      newbie (many of my friends are in the group, and I was involved a long
      while ago) I'm new again.

      Could anyone tell me how I should go about this all again? I live
      right on the border between Cair Adement (sp) and the Philly SCA
      group. So I am not sure whome to contact.

      Many thanks, Ellen
    • pumpkinhead
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 10:07 AM
        HI! I'm a newbie also, but found that the Kingdom of Altantia website is very accomindating. they have a search by zip could for local groups. Since you are lucky enough to be smack in the middle of two groups, you can attend both and see which one you like the vibe of better. also look at how far you would have to travel to attend. And as I have been warned, don't commit to being within a household till you know just what the household will expect from you and what there aim, goal is. I've seen already witnessed a household leader who is very very driven (to the extreme, almost in an unhealthy way) in regards to her household actually kick someone out, cause they were going through a period of real life turmoil and weren't commiting as much as her. As soon as I saw that I decided to try to become buddies with that person, and avoid households till I found one that would be a benefit to belong to. I thought joining a group was about inclusion and working together not being
        an outcast (when someone is going through a hard time that is when they need the people they have known for years the most)
        http://www.atlantia.sca.org/

        I've already noticed in the short time I've been around my local group that they have a lot of diverse interests in general but have a major focus that is not within my interests. So I will plod away doing research to create my own persona, share my skills (mainly within the fiber world, embroidery, weaving, spinning, etc) and learn from them the various other options with in SCA & the Arts & Sciences. Have to admit it was the Kingdoms A & S that got my attention and made 2 of my friends drag me to the event.

        I'm also lucky enough to have another group close enough to check out. I hope to attend thier Birthday celebration coming up.
        ellenrw1 <AuntyD@...> wrote:
        Well hello all,
        Yes this is the obligatory *wave* Hello-I'm-New-Here.

        My name is Ellen, I live in Delaware, and although I'm not a rough
        newbie (many of my friends are in the group, and I was involved a long
        while ago) I'm new again.

        Could anyone tell me how I should go about this all again? I live
        right on the border between Cair Adement (sp) and the Philly SCA
        group. So I am not sure whome to contact.

        Many thanks, Ellen

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 1:42 PM
          > My name is Ellen, I live in Delaware, and although I'm not a rough
          > newbie (many of my friends are in the group, and I was involved a
          long while ago) I'm new again.

          > Many thanks, Ellen

          It looks like you are part of this group:

          Barony of Bhakail - Philadelphia, PA; Delaware and South Chester
          County, PA
          Canton of Gleann na Feorag Dubh (incipient) - Media, PA
          Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - University of PA

          Their Website is:

          http://bhakail.eastkingdom.org/

          They seem to NOT have a Chatelaine at the moment so they are
          directing people to their Baronial Seneschal. They can be reached at:

          seneschal@...

          The Seneshcal's name is Lady Grainne ni Cleirigh

          You are also in the Kingdom of the East the second oldest kingdom in
          the SCA. Their website is:

          http://www.eastkingdom.org/

          The Kingdom Chatelain is:

          Chatelaine - Lady Angharad Rhos ferch Rhain,
          chatelaine@...

          If you need any other help I'm sure we're a helpful bunch here but
          your own kingdom officers would be much more helpful. Especially
          since they know the groups and the areas they cover.

          Ian the Green
          Chatelaine - Shire of the Grey Gargoyles, Region of the Midlands,
          Middle Kingdom
        • Ellen Griffith
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6 1:51 PM
            Ian the Green,
            Thank you so much for your help! But I was just contacted off list by caer
            adament (sp) Seems that they are the state of DE, while the Barony of
            Bhakail is the county. I've found the way to get statred ;)
            Ellen