about Picnic lunchs

  • Sue Warner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2006
      Good Morning

      Just wanted to share a recipe that I use for "lunch at events" While
      it isn't "period" it looks that way and can be eaten cold as well as
      warm.

      Needed

      1 roll of "breakfast sausage" (Jimmy Deen / Bob Evens)
      1 box Stovetop stuffing (I like the one with mushrooms in it)
      Pie crust (I usually use about 2 boxes of the stuff but you could use
      the pre rolled as well.

      Procedure

      Make the stovetop up by the directions on the box (I make it up on
      the dry side about 1/2 the water)

      Mix the RAW sasauge in to the stuffing

      Make up your pie dough and roll out then take the sasauge and
      Stovetop mixture and roll "worms" about the size of a quarter and
      wrap them in the pie dough (pig in a blanket style) cut the worm into
      about 2" lengths and place them on a cookie sheet and bake them in a
      350 degree oven "till they are done" (sorry never really timed them,
      but by the time the pie dough is done the sasauge is cooked)

      These freeze well so when I make a mess in the kitchen I make it a
      good one and freeze a bunch.

      Mariassa of Ashgrove
      Norborough