Gender Roles

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006
      What fun what fun!

      Recently there has been some conversation about the "reality" of
      gender roles in period. Myself and a lady are actually going to be
      teaching a class on just that topic at the Middle Kingdom's spring
      coronation.

      We plan to teach how the gender roles changed in period and were
      different depending on what socio-economic strata you fit in.

      We're working hard on this project, which is to say the
      procrastination is coming along wonderfully! :-)

      Since there seem to be people here that have interest and knowledge
      in this subject I was hoping to do two things.

      First, while we have sources we always welcome more, gluttons for
      punishement and all. So if you happen to have documentation, know
      where to get documentation, authors, books, reputable online
      information etc I will happily take such information from you. Just
      e-mail it to me at:

      Mystborne AT yahoo DOT com

      Second, if people would like I can certainly make the final version
      of the class presentation available to people here.

      I greatly appreciate all help and interest.

      Thank you!

      Yours in Service

      Ian the Green