Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Ummmm....

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 16, 2006
      I have, although I haven't gotten around to their main
      site.

      Jeffs/etc.

      --- j davis <apopka12@...> wrote:

      > have you heard of scacanrecycle? it is a spin off of
      > the freecycle sites and is aimed at scadians
      > wanting
      > to trade sca skills and/or items. john of antioche
      >
      > --- Jeff Suzuki <jeff_suzuki@...> wrote:
      >
      > > --- xwecklox <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > > More 20 questions:
      > > > Do you have to be able to sew to do it? And
      > where
      > > > can I get some good
      > > > fabric for it?
      > >
      > > This is a good time for me to pitch my current
      > > project
      > > in social engineering...
      > >
      > > I'm starting up a web and paper publication called
      > > "Trading Pages," which is currently at
      > >
      > > http://www.geocities.com/jeff_suzuki/SCAtrade.htm
      > >
      > > The basic idea is that if you have something
      > you're
      > > good at (or at least, willing to do), you can
      > trade
      > > on
      > > that skill within the SCA. For example, you might
      > > know how to do woodworking, and need new garb.
      > > Someone else who sews might be interested in new
      > > feast
      > > gear, and you could get together and work out a
      > > trade
      > > of some sort.
      > >
      > > (The social engineering aspect is that, if this
      > > works
      > > out, people will interact a lot more, and with
      > > people
      > > they might not have met otherwise...)
      > >
      > > Jeffs/William
      > > >
      > > > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Laura
      > > > McCullough"

      > group
      > > > is hosting that
      > > the
      > > > event that you
      > > > those that run away

      > > > worried. See, there's
      > and
      > > > "those people". I'm
      > > > won't bother. I'm going
      > > but
      > > > my question is am I
      > ramble
      > > > on and on about lady
      > me
      > > > roll my eyes and wish
      > > like
      > > > that over the years
      > > medieval
      > > > studies and the
      > > > little nervous. Is the
      > > or
      > > > will it be (KIND OF)

      > > protection around
      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 10 7:13 PM
        On Thursday 16 March 2006 23:06, Maria wrote:
        > Ditto to the fruit, cheese hummus, pitas and regular bread.  I also
        > get lunchmeat cut to about 3/4 inch at the supermarket and cut that
        > into chunks.

        There are also some companies now making lunchmeat that doesn't require
        refrigeration until after it's opened. If you buy just what you plan to
        eat at one meal....no cooler. :-)

        Yogurt also will do just fine for a few hours without refrigeration. The
        active cultures in it are a natural preservative that crowds out other
        organisms.

        keys fesswise reversed sable.