RE: [SCA Newcomers] Ummmm....

  • Anders Lundgren
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 13, 2006

      >SO I'd really like to come but I'm a little worried. See, there's
      >been some bad things said about "rennies" and "those people". I'm
      >sure you're familiar enough with those so I won't bother. I'm going
      >to a newcomers thing at the end of the month but my question is am I
      >going to run into a bunch of people who ramble on and on about lady
      >this and sir that? Are they going to make me roll my eyes and wish
      >I'd never come? I've run into a few people like that over the years
      >and all it did was turn me off. I love medieval studies and the
      >reenactment seems interesting but I'm just a little nervous. Is the
      >place going to be crawling with scary people or will it be (KIND OF)
      >normal? Hope this makes sense.

      Hello, I am Agmund Stoltefoth from the Shire of Holmrike in the fair and
      vast Kingdom of Drachenwald. I am a relatively new member of the society,
      and can only describe how we do things in the Old World. I have not met any
      such behaviour from those around me, instead I have been met with the
      highest regard right from the start. Some of my best friends are KSCA and
      they really work hard to get new members to feel like home, and the ladies
      are also wonderful and kind, regardless of rank or title. I can only hope
      that you will meet the same respect from your group. If not, ask them to
      contact me, so I can get them in touch with people that can teach RESPECT,
      and that it works both ways. There is a saying "Noblesse Oblige", and it
      means that those higher on the status scale need to show that they are
      worthy of that rank.

      Good luck in your contact with your group!

      Agmund Stoltefoth

      - - -
      On MSN Messenger under the name:

      silkfist@...

      On Yahoo Messenger under the name

      bielke_adolf

      On AOL Instant Messenger under the name:
      birkabusen
    • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 10, 2006
        On Thursday 16 March 2006 23:06, Maria wrote:
        > Ditto to the fruit, cheese hummus, pitas and regular bread.  I also
        > get lunchmeat cut to about 3/4 inch at the supermarket and cut that
        > into chunks.

        There are also some companies now making lunchmeat that doesn't require
        refrigeration until after it's opened. If you buy just what you plan to
        eat at one meal....no cooler. :-)

        Yogurt also will do just fine for a few hours without refrigeration. The
        active cultures in it are a natural preservative that crowds out other
        organisms.

        keys fesswise reversed sable.