Re: Greetings, New here.

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2006
      Hey Bob,

      Welcome to the SCA. We are a great group of people on average and we
      love to have fun. How did you hear about the SCA?

      As an American Red Cross Health and Safety instructor and Chatelaine
      let me say this:

      Don't get an early case of helium hand. Look into what being a
      Chiurgen requires and allows. You may find that while you, like I,
      enjoy helping hurt people that you may not want to have the title
      chiurgen associated with that. Then again, being a chiurgen is a very
      rewarding job and obviously you are qualified for it.

      It is very easy to overwhelm oneself when you first get started into
      the SCA. There really is so much to do with soooo many nice people.
      Just take things a little slower than the sprinting pace some people
      like to start off at. It helps keep your "mundane," (regular) life
      from feeling overwhelmed by the SCA and it keeps you from getting
      burned out.

      Have fun!

      Ian the Green