Re: [SCA Newcomers] Armor requirments

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7 9:14 AM
      Armor requirements are determined by your kingdom. Where do you live and we may be able to help out a little more with where to find them.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici, SSG
      Maria Buchanan
      Official Worrier of House Starfire
      Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
      Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
      In the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra
      281-433-0347
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7 2:33 PM
        I believe I'm in The Kingdom of Ealdormere, Barony of Skraeling
        Althing, specifically The Canton of Caldrithig. I actually live an
        hours drive from Caldrithig, but it's the closest place to me.
        Smiths Falls, Ontario is the exact town.

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Maria" <scarlettmb@...> wrote:

        > Armor requirements are determined by your kingdom. Where do you
        live and we may be able to help out a little more with where to find
        them.

        > In Service to the Dream,
        > Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici, SSG
        > Maria Buchanan
        > Official Worrier of House Starfire
        > Hospitaler - Barony of the Stargate
        > Hospitaler - Shire of Gate's Edge
        > In the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra
        > 281-433-0347

      • Maria
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7 3:47 PM
          You can also go to Car Washes and get the barrels that they get soap in and stuff. But, you really want to get in contact with someone in your area about what the armor requirements are before heeding anyone's advice.

          Do you live anywhere near Thunder Bay? I have some acquaintences there that can help you. If not, check this web site - http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/findgroup.shtml. That's the page to find a local group in Ealdormere. If you aren't anywhere near there, then you're probably in either Northshield or the Midrealm. My best suggestion is to check out that web site and see if your area is in there and then contact someone from the correct group.

          I have emailed the Baron of the Barony you named and have asked him to email you.