Greetings to All

  • rebeccaatthewell_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      I am terribly new at SCA, but have been attending Ren Faires for many
      years. We (a small group in Northwest Florda - Kingdom of Meridies)
      that will be applying for our start in April. I am researching a name
      and persona at this time and since my basic costume is Italian, I am
      leaning in that direction. The first name is easy (Rebecca or
      Isabella) it's the last name that is hard - currently I am looking at
      around 15 centruy Italy last names like Rossellino, Vasari, and
      Zuccaro. I am also going to get into Target Archery as soon as I get
      accepted I think. And last of all, we have one member of our group who
      has been in the SCA for many years and she will be the seneschal,
      however, no one else in our group knows anything about accounting so I
      have to be the Exchequer and that is daunting. I was a financial
      analyst for 5 years before I became a teacher so I get voted into the
      office. So, any advise or direction would be appreciated especially
      pertaining to the Kingdom Meridies in either how the bookkeeping is
      done or getting into target archery.
    • Kristine Elliott
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
        The best source for Italian names are the Italian name articles that
        the Academy of St. Gabriel maintains in their Medieval Name Archive at
        http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ . Isabella seems much more likely than
        Rebecca, unless your persona is Jewish.

        Scolastica

        --
        http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

        "I have come to the conclusion that this administration values loyalty
        more than anything else, more than competence or, frankly, more than
        the truth." Rep. Christopher Shays.