Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: names, time periods, and locations...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      <<Q. So tell me more about yourself and/or your persona?>>

      A. Myself:
      I'm 40 years old, married, mother of a 13-month-old boy who attended his
      first SCA event at the age of 2 weeks and his first Pennsic at the age of 7
      months, for the full two weeks plus since his father and I are both on the
      Pennsic staff and had to be there before land grab. I have a bachelor's degree in
      physical therapy and work in the public school system with special education
      students and students with disabilities who attend regular classes. I like
      to garden and do cross stitch in addition to my SCA hobbies of making garb,
      doing embroidery, and doing period cooking.

      My favorite books are: anything to do with Harry Potter, The Dark is Rising
      series by Susan Cooper, books about ghosts and hauntings, and medieval
      history, particularly social history.

      My favorite games: Alquerques, a medieval version of checkers; a classic
      video game called Marble Madness, and most period games.

      My favorite movies are: LadyHawke, Dances with Wolves, and the most recent
      version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

      A. My Personas:
      My Persona is Brangwayna Morgan, an Englishwoman born in Shrewsbury in 1135,
      from a moderately wealthy family, but not wealthy enough that I didn't have
      to learn how to actually do the housework as well as supervising the
      servants. I was married to a successful tailor for the dowry he could pay, but we
      get along very well. I try to keep what Brangwayna wears, knows, and does as
      close as I can to what she would really have known, but 12th century can be
      difficult - there are very few 12th century recipes about, for instance. Since
      my husband's persona is 14th century (a fact we conveniently ignore), we do
      have a mixture of 12th through 14th century things in our camp.

      Q. Where do you live?
      A. Lancaster Pennsylvania, in the south central part of the state. In SCA
      geography, that is the Shire of Silver Rylle.

      Q. Now what Kingdom did you say that was?

      A. I'm in the East Kingdom, very close to the Atlantian border and within
      reasonable travelling distance of Aethelmearc as well.

      Lancaster, PA