Re: weddings at Estrella

  • Patrick ODonnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2006
      Sorry if I missed too many earlier posts - There was at least one wedding at Estrella last year. Since Estrella is more receptive to the public and daytrippers than other large events, getting mundane guests in should not be that hard.

      - Patrick/Mael Patraic

      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: weddings
      From: Jeff Suzuki
      2. Re: weddings
      From: bronwynmgn@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:48:34 -0800 (PST)
      From: Jeff Suzuki
      Subject: Re: weddings

      About.com has an overview of marriage requirements;
      you may want to check out their site at
      http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/usmarlaws.htm

      Of course, you're best off by checking the appropriate
      official websites, but I'd probably look at about.com,
      then verify. My experience is that it's impossible to
      find anything on county/state legal websites...

      Jeffs/etc.

      --- "Medieval Inc."
      wrote:

      > Congrats!!! I hope your day is just wonderful!
      >
      > akashalareine wrote: Good
      > day to all.
      > Could anyone help me find out if one can have a
      > marriage ceremony at
      > Estrella War XXIII? My boyfriend and I have decided
      > to get married
      > and we are interested in having it at the next war.
      > I know that a
      > marriage licence would be required, but aside from
      > that I am at a
      > loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. ~Ysabel de
      > Rouen.

      > Medieval and renaissance costume Society
      > for creative anachronism Medieval time dinner and
      > tournament

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:16:11 EST
      From: bronwynmgn@...

      In a message dated 2/24/2006 5:55:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <state and follow them as precisely as you can. All the minister really
      does is talk prettily and then sign the form that you have already
      obtained from your County Clerk.>>

      You also need to follow the rules of the state where you are being married.
      I know of one instance at Pennsic where there were significant problems with
      getting one member of the couple onto the site because the couple assumed
      that the laws in their state were the same as those in PA, and they weren't.
      I'm not going into any further detail, but as far as I know it resulted in
      having to scrap the wedding plans at the last moment.

      Lancaster, PA

      Author of The Knights Next Door: Everyday People Living Middle Ages Dreams
      A "behind-the-shield" look at the world of Middle Ages re-enactors

      Available in hardcover and paperback, October 2004
      www.knightsnextdoor.com