Re: Starting Out...

  • barbareian
    Message 1 of 2565 , Mar 23, 2000
      I was told once by a long time friend of mine in
      the SCA that one major thing to remember is that none
      of these folks get paid and they alson have real
      lives to lead as well as take care of all the events
      and adventures of their offices. You must consider it
      this way to appreciate it... If a person comes up and
      asks you a question while you are on the phone with
      your sister who is having a crisis and you are also
      trying to fix dinner, then someone knocks on your
      door... who or what gets the attention? well, to be
      honest, you all do, but in small doses that one person
      can handle at a time.<br>I have been helping train
      folks and practice with folks for about 10 or 12 years
      with the SCA, and in all that time, I have never net a
      person holding an office that had time to focus one just
      one person or aspect for very long.<br>Take the time
      to read the SCA web page, consider your local
      library for pictures and stories, and at least attempt to
      make your own garb (yes I mean sewing! LOL) before
      asking for personal assistance. You may amaze yourself
      with what you find! I am amazed daily with all the
      info that is out there... you just have to want to
      find it bad enough. If you do not want to take the
      time to do it the hard way, imagine how many other
      folks that feel the same way that have called,
      e-mailed, written, or visited your local SCA officials for
      help... the list of folks waiting for help is larger than
      most high school populations.<br>Have fun, have faith
      in yourself, and guide everyone you meet to a better
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003