Red Dress? Full Name Question Also

  • juliotes_song
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
      Greetings!

      I've posted on this board before, but I created a new yahoo profile
      for the name you all helped me find. Thanks by the way! :)

      Anyway, someone sent me an off-line message telling me that I needed
      a red dress, quote "Make sure you have a red gown for the grand
      Ball, in case you go". Okay, scarlet red? What is going to be
      appropriate. By the way this is for Estrella War.

      Second question... I haven't chosen a full name yet. I was thinking
      Juliote la sausier. I got both of these names from the the SCA
      page, An Index to the Given Names in the 1292 Census of Paris. So
      I don't think I'd have problems getting it registered. I tried to
      do a French to English translation of "Sausier" but I couldn't find
      anything for it. Anyone know anything I should know about this
      name? So far, the sound of it sounds very fitting for my
      personality.

      Information is appreciated!

      Thanks!

      Juliote
    • Kristine Elliott
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
        Check the bynames section of the census at:
        http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/parisbynames.html . It defines
        sausier as a "prepared sauce seller". I believe the feminine form
        would be "la sousiere". What did you think it meant?

        Scolastica

        --
        http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

        "I have come to the conclusion that this administration values loyalty
        more than anything else, more than competence or, frankly, more than
        the truth." Rep. Christopher Shays.