Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hi everyone

  • owlmoons
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
      Dont worry Patrick.... You will find your way. I will help you if you want, I can give you what I have been given so far.. Links. It wasnt too hard looking through names and finding the first SCA populous meeting. Email me off the list if you want. owlmoons@...

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
        What time period and place are you from?

        Pax Christi,
        Cecilia de Cambrige

        P.S. Talk with your local herald. He/she can help you with a name.

        > Exactly, I wish some one would choose an SCA name for me. Would save
        > me
        > alot of time and effort. Plus if some one cares enough to give you a
        > name
        > at least you your loved.
        >
        > Lost and Confused

        > Medieval and renaissance costume
        > Society for creative anachronism
        > Medieval time dinner and tournament
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Pax Christi,
        Sydney
      • Kristine Elliott
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
          On 2/4/06, Patrick Callahan <dances_with_salmon@...> wrote:
          > Exactly, I wish some one would choose an SCA name for me. Would save me
          > alot of time and effort. Plus if some one cares enough to give you a name
          > at least you your loved.
          >
          > Lost and Confused

          Two articles I recommend highly are: Choosing a Society Name: Hints
          for Newcomers at http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/dietmar/hints.html
          and What is an S.C.A. Name?
          http://sca.org/heraldry/laurel/whatis/name.html . Many documented
          names may be found in the Medieval Name archive at:
          http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ .

          I will be glad to do my best to answer any name questions you might have.

          Scolastica

          http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

          "I have come to the conclusion that this administration values loyalty
          more than anything else, more than competence or, frankly, more than
          the truth." Rep. Christopher Shays.
        • Patrick Callahan
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 11, 2006
            Ireland, Kingdom of Munster (near present day County Cork) in the time
            around 1540

            Lost and Confused
            Aka. Patrick Callahan
          • Patrick Callahan