Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hi everyone

  • owlmoons
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
      Dont worry Patrick.... You will find your way. I will help you if you want, I can give you what I have been given so far.. Links. It wasnt too hard looking through names and finding the first SCA populous meeting. Email me off the list if you want. owlmoons@...

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
        Exactly, I wish some one would choose an SCA name for me. Would save me
        alot of time and effort. Plus if some one cares enough to give you a name
        at least you your loved.

        Lost and Confused
      • Sydney Walker Freedman
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
          What time period and place are you from?

          Pax Christi,
          Cecilia de Cambrige

          P.S. Talk with your local herald. He/she can help you with a name.

          > Exactly, I wish some one would choose an SCA name for me. Would save
          > me
          > alot of time and effort. Plus if some one cares enough to give you a
          > name
          > at least you your loved.
          >
          > Lost and Confused

          > Medieval and renaissance costume
          > Society for creative anachronism
          > Medieval time dinner and tournament
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Pax Christi,
          Sydney
        • Kristine Elliott
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
            On 2/4/06, Patrick Callahan <dances_with_salmon@...> wrote:
            > Exactly, I wish some one would choose an SCA name for me. Would save me
            > alot of time and effort. Plus if some one cares enough to give you a name
            > at least you your loved.
            >
            > Lost and Confused

            Two articles I recommend highly are: Choosing a Society Name: Hints
            for Newcomers at http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/dietmar/hints.html
            and What is an S.C.A. Name?
            http://sca.org/heraldry/laurel/whatis/name.html . Many documented
            names may be found in the Medieval Name archive at:
            http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ .

            I will be glad to do my best to answer any name questions you might have.

            Scolastica

            http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

            "I have come to the conclusion that this administration values loyalty
            more than anything else, more than competence or, frankly, more than
            the truth." Rep. Christopher Shays.
          • Patrick Callahan
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 11, 2006
              Ireland, Kingdom of Munster (near present day County Cork) in the time
              around 1540

              Lost and Confused
              Aka. Patrick Callahan
            • Patrick Callahan