Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello

  • love4 puppers
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 30, 2005
      Hello... I am new to the SCA here in the USA.. i did have some dealing with the SCA in Canada.. But you talking of Justins makes me laugh, here where i live, In Delaware i am SUROUNDED by RICKS.. it gets confusing, I told them i am going to have to start numbering them or giving them all nick names.. Right now i have 5 that are immediatly around me that i deal with.. and with that one is married and his wifes name is Karen, and my given name is Carin. Tho i am offten called by my nick name.

      I am just learning how all this works. I am going to fill the paperwork out and get my membership card, but as for the rest of everything.. where the DUMMYS BOOK???? lol.. i am so confused.. maybe i have Rick and Justin itus.. lol..

      Hope you have a good day..

      Ravynn

      Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...> wrote:
      On Wednesday 30 November 2005 08:59, "NOT ME, THE *OTHER* Justin" wrote:
      > Frankly, I think it is really cool that there are these differences,
      > much like the different countries and cultures that SCA represents.
      > Makes for a much more interesting experience.

      The old timers refer to it as "IKA", or "inter-kingdom anthropology." :-)

      Justin, yes me, not the other Justin

      Speaking of "not me, the other Justin"....

      I telecommute for an engineering consultancy; that is, I work at home. So
      yesterday I'm sitting at my desk setting up a source code repository for
      a project, and the phone rings. "Hello," says the caller, "I'm calling
      about the SCA. I'm a newcomer, and my name is Justin."

      So I tell him my name is Justin, too, and we have a laugh about that. Then
      I realize it might be the other Justin from the SCANewcomers list, and I
      ask him about that. He's never heard of this list. So it's not the Justin
      to whose note I have just replied.

      Do you people realize the meaning of this? There are now THREE OF US! Plus
      there is another Justin who volunteers for the "questions at sca.org" email
      address.

      The rest of you are *not* needlessly paranoid -- it's really happening.
      It *is* a vast Justin-wing conspiracy, and we *are* insinuating ourselves
      into the halls of power.

      "Soon, we shall rule the world! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 85 of 85 , Nov 16, 2010
        <<< I'm very new to the SCA . I just join friday and I would very much like info on what I should do next . Thank you. >>>

        Well, what interested you in the SCA? You like doing crafts things? You like the romance of the Middle Ages? You like to try to bash people with wooden clubs? You like to sew? With some idea of your interests we can probably point you to some info.

        Need a place to look through some information online? If so, you might wish to start with the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website at: http://www.florilegium.org There are a couple of dozen other subject areas and currently about 2300 different files there, so hopefully you will find some files of interest.

        Be careful though. Several people have told me about going there for a "quick look" at something and suddenly realizing they had been looking at stuff for an hour. :-)

        Stefan
        PS: And if you enjoy what's there, please click on an ad or two, so I can keep it going.
        --------