Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 85 , Nov 23, 2005
      On Tuesday 22 November 2005 23:22, Justin Ponzi wrote:
      > My name is Justin and I am very, very new to SCA.

      EEEEEK! Now there are TWO of us on this list! (I'm Justin also, as SCA name.)

      The rest of you all better hide, 'cause we're takin' over!

      > At present, I live within the Kingdom of Northshield and the
      > Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr.

      Have you met Tatiana Melville yet? If so, tell her the *other* Justin, from
      the Midrealm, says hi!

      Welcome to the list, to you and to the other new subscribers who've signed
      on during the past few days.

      Justin
      Moderator

      keys fesswise reversed sable.

    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 85 of 85 , Nov 16, 2010
        <<< I'm very new to the SCA . I just join friday and I would very much like info on what I should do next . Thank you. >>>

        Well, what interested you in the SCA? You like doing crafts things? You like the romance of the Middle Ages? You like to try to bash people with wooden clubs? You like to sew? With some idea of your interests we can probably point you to some info.

        Need a place to look through some information online? If so, you might wish to start with the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website at: http://www.florilegium.org There are a couple of dozen other subject areas and currently about 2300 different files there, so hopefully you will find some files of interest.

        Be careful though. Several people have told me about going there for a "quick look" at something and suddenly realizing they had been looking at stuff for an hour. :-)

        Stefan
        PS: And if you enjoy what's there, please click on an ad or two, so I can keep it going.
        --------