Re: [SCA Newcomers] trying to find a last name

  • Sydney Walker Freedman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2005

      i'm from your time period and used the Medieval Names Archive as
      well. There's an article on there called "An introduction to
      Medieval Bynames" that's all about, well, bynames, i.e. last names.
      I hope this helps. I would also suggest that you contact your local
      herald., who will most likely have other sources (especially books).

      pax Christi,
      Cecilia de Cambrige

      > Greetings-
      > Been in the SCA for a couple of months now, but I am stuck with a last
      > name
      > and persona/back story for that matter. Sedaina is my first name (found
      > it
      > quite easily in medieval name archives) and I am 12th C. English. Other
      > than that
      > I can't figure anything else out. Does anyone have any suggestions.
      > Sedaina of Thorngill
      > 12th Century Englishwoman
      > Medieval and renaissance costume
      > Society for creative anachronism