Re: [SCA Newcomers] Imaginings.....

  • Tia
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
      Thats IT! Thank you Very Much....I wonder do they have a coloring
      book of these..could be useful to get kids interested in Blazonry &
      Understanding all the "parts"

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve K. Rourke"
      <steverourke@c...> wrote:

      > > > Ok I dont think I Imagined this....I know I saw
      it....Somewhere...

      > > > I am looking for a web site that listed all the Blazons well
      most of
      > > > them anyway & you could look them up by Kingdom, Barony, Shire
      etc or
      > > > by name (I think)
      > > > I bumbled across it said oh Kewl & then didnt book mark it
      *sigh*
      > > > Anbody else know where it is?
      > >
      > > This is the site that I think of with your question
      > > http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
      > >
      > Or possibly this one
      > http://heraldry.griffin-dor.org/groups/index.htm
      >
      > Domhnall
      >

      > --
      11/15/05

    • Steve K. Rourke
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
        > Thats IT! Thank you Very Much....I wonder do they have a coloring
        > book of these..could be useful to get kids interested in Blazonry &
        > Understanding all the "parts"

        Of the SCA devices I don't think so, great idea though. The good gentle who
        did that website did another one that is supposed to be period armorial
        styled pieces done in b&w line drawings. it can be found at
        http://heraldry.griffin-dor.org/catalogue/intro.php I haven't had much
        opportunity to look through it yet but it might be helpful.

        DOmhnall

      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
          Quoting "Steve K. Rourke" <steverourke@...>:

          >> Thats IT! Thank you Very Much....I wonder do they have a coloring
          >> book of these..could be useful to get kids interested in Blazonry &
          >> Understanding all the "parts"
          >>
          > Of the SCA devices I don't think so, great idea though. The good gentle who
          > did that website did another one that is supposed to be period armorial
          > styled pieces done in b&w line drawings. it can be found at
          > http://heraldry.griffin-dor.org/catalogue/intro.php I haven't had much
          > opportunity to look through it yet but it might be helpful.

          Assuming that it hasn't disappeared forever, there was such a site with
          the kingdom arm on it at
          http://www.inlandregion.org/heraldry/kingdoms.html
          but the internet doesn't seem to be able to find inlandregion.org today.
          :-(

          You *can* however, get there via the wayback machine. :-)
          http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.inlandregion.org/heraldry/kingdoms.html

          And at least *some* of the images are still there.

          Jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...
          University of Tennessee
        • Steve K. Rourke
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 16, 2005
            > Assuming that it hasn't disappeared forever, there was such a site with
            > the kingdom arm on it at
            > http://www.inlandregion.org/heraldry/kingdoms.html
            > but the internet doesn't seem to be able to find inlandregion.org today.
            > :-(

            I didn't have any problems with it today, and thank you, those will come in
            very handy for children's/youth class I'm planning for the near future.

            Domhnall