Re: [SCA Newcomers] I have a few questions

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2005
      In a message dated 11/9/2005 3:01:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<I have read the rapier rules, rules for Atlantia.
      My son is 16 and wishes to do rapier. He has his blue card, waiver has
      been signed and youth combat forms filled out and well as the youth
      medical authorization forms and his own equipment which meets the
      required standards.>>

      All good. As I'm from the East, which I don't think has a youth rapier
      program yet, I assume that Atlantia actually does have one?

      <<Can he at our local group fighter practice, gear up and step out on
      the practice field to practice?

      Does he have to pass his rapier authoriztion at a royal event before
      he can set foot on the field at our local fighter practice?>>

      I would think that, as long as there is a youth rapier marshall present,
      that there would be no reason why he couldn't practice. Certainly adults are
      not required to have their authorization completed before they can practice -
      at practice is where they learn what they need to pass the authorization. But
      I would think that having a youth marshall present would be important so
      there is someone present who can teach him how the youth fighting works as
      opposed to the adult if there are significant differences.

      Lancaster, PA