Re: [SCA Newcomers] Prayer request... ** Moderator request **

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
      Good morning, all!

      I don't object that Maria asked for prayers. It's a little off-topic for
      the list, but I'll put it down to friendly chat, which is okay as long as
      it doesn't overwhelm the list. And I think it's great that lots of people
      will pray for her.

      That being said, everyone who is going to pray, or not pray, for Maria,
      pleased don't say so on the list. This list has *hundreds* of subscribers;
      it's not a small community. If even 10% of the subscribers write back to
      say that they're praying for Maria, we will all have very full mailboxes
      and there will be very little discussion of the SCA.

      I'm not trying to be hard-nosed about this. If you want to send an
      encouraging message to Maria, that's cool, but please do the reply to her
      private email address, not to the list itself.

      Again, I'm not intending to be mean, just bowing to practicality when we
      have a list with many hundreds of people on it.

      Thanks!

      Justin
      Moderator

      keys fesswise reversed sable.