Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: SCA "Newbies" ISO garb

  • Crystal ortiz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      I am so very glad that I was able to help you. Getting started can be (at times) a bit...daunting. A big smile and a few words never hurt. If you (or anyone else) has some questions please feel free to drop me a line.

      -Gigi

      itisjustme2day <simmons-family@...> wrote:
      I would like to thank you, GiGi, for all your help and information
      on what you have to offer. They have given this newbie several ideas
      for the making of my own garb and good resources to check out. (to
      bad we live so far apart ;( )

      Again, tyvm for all you help

      Crystal

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Crystal"
      <impressionist101@y...> wrote:

      > Greetings Lords and Ladies,
      >
      > I just wanted to post this b/c I have noticed in the last few
      weeks an
      > increase in post on the board from newbies. For all of those who
      are
      > new to the SCA and have not as of yet learned the very forgiving
      art
      > of sewing...I'm sure you've noticed some of the prices of garb.
      This
      > is why I am offering very reasonable prices on select types of
      garb.
      > (IE court tunics, Irish bog dresses, bodices, skirts, fighting
      > pants...etc...)
      >
      > If you are interested please contact me on my Yahoo address of...
      > Impressionist101 at Yahoo.com
      >
      > Everyone wants to "fit" into the SCA and feel included, this is
      very
      > difficult for the newer players to our game.
      >
      > -Christiana Gabriel De Luna

    • owlmoons
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
        I too want to thank you Dear lady Gigi for all your generous help in getting me started. Getting started has been slow and you have eased the beginning so much. Thanks again! :)

      • Crystal ortiz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
          Well thank you again. But its just "Gigi" I haven't been awarded the title of Lady. But in anycase it really is my pleasure to help you out. Besides, we have a lot of things in common.

          Its one of the reasons the list was started...to help.
          You might wish to contact someone locally who might be of better assitance. If you don't know who that would be I'll help you hunt them down! Hehehehe

          -Gigi (who still hasn't decided on a SCA name for certain but is leaning toward : Christiana Isabel de Gabriel )