I have a few questions

  • Masina
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      I have read the rapier rules, rules for Atlantia.
      My son is 16 and wishes to do rapier. He has his blue card, waiver has
      been signed and youth combat forms filled out and well as the youth
      medical authorization forms and his own equipment which meets the
      required standards.

      Can he at our local group fighter practice, gear up and step out on
      the practice field to practice?

      Does he have to pass his rapier authoriztion at a royal event before
      he can set foot on the field at our local fighter practice?

      Masina
    • Crystal ortiz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        You may wish to post that question to a Don in your kingdom as every kingdom's rules are just a little different. If you go to www.sca.org and click on your kingdom it will bring up several names of people to contact. Or ask the people in your local shire for aid or even the marshall.

        -Gigi

        Masina <wishingforpink@...> wrote:
        I have read the rapier rules, rules for Atlantia.
        My son is 16 and wishes to do rapier. He has his blue card, waiver has
        been signed and youth combat forms filled out and well as the youth
        medical authorization forms and his own equipment which meets the
        required standards.

        Can he at our local group fighter practice, gear up and step out on
        the practice field to practice?

        Does he have to pass his rapier authoriztion at a royal event before
        he can set foot on the field at our local fighter practice?

        Masina

        Medieval and renaissance costume Society for creative anachronism Medieval time dinner and tournament

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2005
          In a message dated 11/9/2005 3:01:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

          <<I have read the rapier rules, rules for Atlantia.
          My son is 16 and wishes to do rapier. He has his blue card, waiver has
          been signed and youth combat forms filled out and well as the youth
          medical authorization forms and his own equipment which meets the
          required standards.>>

          All good. As I'm from the East, which I don't think has a youth rapier
          program yet, I assume that Atlantia actually does have one?

          <<Can he at our local group fighter practice, gear up and step out on
          the practice field to practice?

          Does he have to pass his rapier authoriztion at a royal event before
          he can set foot on the field at our local fighter practice?>>

          I would think that, as long as there is a youth rapier marshall present,
          that there would be no reason why he couldn't practice. Certainly adults are
          not required to have their authorization completed before they can practice -
          at practice is where they learn what they need to pass the authorization. But
          I would think that having a youth marshall present would be important so
          there is someone present who can teach him how the youth fighting works as
          opposed to the adult if there are significant differences.

          Lancaster, PA