Resources

  • Crystal
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2005
      Greetings once again...

      Since there are always questions on finding "period" documentation
      and reliable information I thought to pass this on from another list

      In service to the dream,
      Christiana aka Gigi

      Have you tried "Poison Pen Press"? http://www.poisonpenpress.com/

      Another couple places to search would be Caliver Books in
      England... http://www.caliverbooks.com/HTML/calframe.htm

      David Brown Book Co.: http://www.oxbowbooks.com/? (that question
      mark is supposed to be a part of the URL, by the way)

      Powell's City of Books: http://www.inetsupermall.com/powells/

      Plus, you could try Alibris Books: http://www.alibris.com/
      or Acanthus Books: http://www.acanthus-books.com/

      Now, these would be book ABOUT your topics, not necessarily the
      actual books from the Middle Ages <sigh>, those you will have to
      find through libraries, I think. You might also try a Google search
      to see if anyone has put something on-line (like a translation or
      something).

      Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
      Middle Kingdom

      The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." --
      Michaelangelo

      I have friends that have access to big libraries in Big Cities, but
      most Libraries won't ILL from their Reserved books section, so Where
      can I find period books on Italian feast and Garb?
      Where would I look to find out what kind of adhesive, if any was
      available in period?
    • usaf463
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2005
        Christiana,
        Try this for some period documentation-

        http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook2.html

        Found a used copy of "The Canterbury Tales" for fifty cents
        (Penguin Classics).

        Yours, Mike

        aka Michael of Southampton
        Kingdom of Meridies