Research

  • green91mustang
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
      I am trying to do some research history on the Goths, Saxons and Norse
      to figure out where I want my persona to go and was wondering if
      anyone had a recommendation of a good place to start researching these
      groups especially the Goths since I keep getting into modern culture.
    • green91mustang
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
        I am trying to do some research history on the Goths, Saxons and Norse
        to figure out where I want my persona to go and was wondering if
        anyone had a recommendation of a good place to start researching these
        groups especially the Goths since I keep getting into modern culture.
      • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
          green91mustang wrote:
          > I am trying to do some research history on the Goths. . .I keep
          > getting into modern culture.

          Try searching for "Ostrogoth" or "Visigoth", or for "Goths" and "tribe".

          Wikipedia has an article that might give you some starting points
          <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths>. The University of Calgary site
          has an electronic transcription of Charles C. Mierow's English-language
          translation of "The Origins and Deeds of the Goths"
          <http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~vandersp/Courses/texts/jordgeti.html>.
          And the archives of the Goth-L Yahoo! Group
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gothic-l/> are public.

          There is on the Atlantian site in the Arts and Sciences area an article
          by Maddalena Jessamyn di Piemonte, entitled "Spain, the Early Years:
          Costume of the Visigoths, Mozarabes, and the Northern Christian
          Kingdoms" <http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/oak/13/spain.htm>.

          Good luck finding what you need.

          Coblaith
          Barony of Bryn Gwlad