SCA "Newbies" ISO garb

  • Crystal
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
      Greetings Lords and Ladies,

      I just wanted to post this b/c I have noticed in the last few weeks an
      increase in post on the board from newbies. For all of those who are
      new to the SCA and have not as of yet learned the very forgiving art
      of sewing...I'm sure you've noticed some of the prices of garb. This
      is why I am offering very reasonable prices on select types of garb.
      (IE court tunics, Irish bog dresses, bodices, skirts, fighting
      pants...etc...)

      If you are interested please contact me on my Yahoo address of...
      Impressionist101 at Yahoo.com

      Everyone wants to "fit" into the SCA and feel included, this is very
      difficult for the newer players to our game.

      -Christiana Gabriel De Luna
    • itisjustme2day
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
        I would like to thank you, GiGi, for all your help and information
        on what you have to offer. They have given this newbie several ideas
        for the making of my own garb and good resources to check out. (to
        bad we live so far apart ;( )

        Again, tyvm for all you help

        Crystal

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Crystal"
        <impressionist101@y...> wrote:

        > Greetings Lords and Ladies,
        >
        > I just wanted to post this b/c I have noticed in the last few
        weeks an
        > increase in post on the board from newbies. For all of those who
        are
        > new to the SCA and have not as of yet learned the very forgiving
        art
        > of sewing...I'm sure you've noticed some of the prices of garb.
        This
        > is why I am offering very reasonable prices on select types of
        garb.
        > (IE court tunics, Irish bog dresses, bodices, skirts, fighting
        > pants...etc...)
        >
        > If you are interested please contact me on my Yahoo address of...
        > Impressionist101 at Yahoo.com
        >
        > Everyone wants to "fit" into the SCA and feel included, this is
        very
        > difficult for the newer players to our game.
        >
        > -Christiana Gabriel De Luna

      • Crystal ortiz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
          I am so very glad that I was able to help you. Getting started can be (at times) a bit...daunting. A big smile and a few words never hurt. If you (or anyone else) has some questions please feel free to drop me a line.

          -Gigi

          <impressionist101@y...> wrote:

          > Greetings Lords and Ladies,
          >
          > I just wanted to post this b/c I have noticed in the last few
          weeks an
          > increase in post on the board from newbies. For all of those who
          are
          > new to the SCA and have not as of yet learned the very forgiving
          art
          > of sewing...I'm sure you've noticed some of the prices of garb.
          This
          > is why I am offering very reasonable prices on select types of
          garb.
          > (IE court tunics, Irish bog dresses, bodices, skirts, fighting
          > pants...etc...)
          >
          > If you are interested please contact me on my Yahoo address of...
          > Impressionist101 at Yahoo.com
          >
          > Everyone wants to "fit" into the SCA and feel included, this is
          very
          > difficult for the newer players to our game.
          >
          > -Christiana Gabriel De Luna

        • owlmoons
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
            I too want to thank you Dear lady Gigi for all your generous help in getting me started. Getting started has been slow and you have eased the beginning so much. Thanks again! :)

          • Crystal ortiz
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
              Well thank you again. But its just "Gigi" I haven't been awarded the title of Lady. But in anycase it really is my pleasure to help you out. Besides, we have a lot of things in common.

              Its one of the reasons the list was started...to help.
              You might wish to contact someone locally who might be of better assitance. If you don't know who that would be I'll help you hunt them down! Hehehehe

              -Gigi (who still hasn't decided on a SCA name for certain but is leaning toward : Christiana Isabel de Gabriel )