SCA near Mountain Home, AR (was: new to sca......want to get into armour and weapon smithing.)

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2005
      Someone said:
      > . . .there isn't even a shire here as far as i can tell. i am in the
      > meridies kingdom, in the mundane locale of mtn home ar.

      There's a map of Meridies' groups in Arkansas at
      <http://www.meridiesmap.org/mapit/Arkansas.htm>.

      If you're in Mountain Home, White County, Arkansas, you're probably in
      the Shire of Lagerdamm <http://www.lagerdamm.org/>.

      If you're in Mountain Home, Baxter County, Arkansas, your nearest group
      might be the College of Forgotten Lands, but it's only shown on the
      Meridies map; no other information is given about it online, anywhere I
      could find. The Shire of Beinn Theine
      <http://www.geocities.com/beinntheine/> would be next. It's "dormant",
      but member contact information is still available on the site.

      Either way, you're in the Principality of Gleann Abhain
      <http://gleannabhann.org/>, which should be taking its place as the
      newest SCA kingdom soon. The Chatelaine is the officer whose SCA
      duties include the welcoming and orientation of new members. If you
      don't have any luck with nearby groups, try e-mailing her, but keep in
      mind she's from Axemoor, and may not have regular access to a computer
      right now. You might also subscribe to the Principality newsletter,
      "The Ambassador", if you haven't already. It should have contact info
      for at least a couple of members of each group as well as useful
      information on events, etc.

      Good luck finding local contacts.

      Bantiarna Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad