Re: [SCA Newcomers] Title question

  • Jeremy J. Slick
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Perez" <dagperez@y...> wrote:

      > So, for my Italian persona, I could be Signora Albina? And my
      > husband to be (only in the SCA, we have been married for quite a
      > while, but will have an SCA ceremony next year!) would be Senor
      > Estevan? Would that be proper? I only ask, because as a good
      > southern lady, mundanely, I always send thank you cards and
      > invitations labeled with our names.
      >
      > As a herald, would this fly?
      >
      > Albina

      I would suggest against using "signore" and "signora" until you have
      received your Award of Arms...as these are the Society College of
      Heralds regonized alternate titles for Lord and Lady (which one uses
      once they have received their AoA or requivalent). I'm still
      researching for alternate terms appropriate for Italian personas...but
      so far I'm not getting very far....

      Signore Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi, CT
      Shire of Deodar, Kingdom of Calontir
      Deodar Pursuivant