Re: [SCA Newcomers] Title question

  • Dawn Perez
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2005
      So, for my Italian persona, I could be Signora Albina? And my
      husband to be (only in the SCA, we have been married for quite a
      while, but will have an SCA ceremony next year!) would be Senor
      Estevan? Would that be proper? I only ask, because as a good
      southern lady, mundanely, I always send thank you cards and
      invitations labeled with our names.

      As a herald, would this fly?

      Albina

      > If you choose a French persona, you may find that "Madame"
      or "Madamoiselle"
      > is acceptable as a substitute for "M'Lady" in your kingdom, for
      example.
      > In a German persona, perhaps you could use "Frau" or "Frauline".
      Again,
      > check with your local Herald or Pursuivant.
      >
      > I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong), though,
      that "M'Lord"
      > and "M'Lady" are used universally for those who don't yet have an
      AoA or
      > when the proper title is unknown to the speaker, and across
      multiple
      > persona cultures. :-)
      >
      > Justin
      >
      > --
      > ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::[]
      xxxx()

      http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      > justin@4... PGP Public Key at
      http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey

    • Jeremy J. Slick
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2005
        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Perez" <dagperez@y...> wrote:

        > So, for my Italian persona, I could be Signora Albina? And my
        > husband to be (only in the SCA, we have been married for quite a
        > while, but will have an SCA ceremony next year!) would be Senor
        > Estevan? Would that be proper? I only ask, because as a good
        > southern lady, mundanely, I always send thank you cards and
        > invitations labeled with our names.
        >
        > As a herald, would this fly?
        >
        > Albina

        I would suggest against using "signore" and "signora" until you have
        received your Award of Arms...as these are the Society College of
        Heralds regonized alternate titles for Lord and Lady (which one uses
        once they have received their AoA or requivalent). I'm still
        researching for alternate terms appropriate for Italian personas...but
        so far I'm not getting very far....

        Signore Giudo di Niccolo Brunelleschi, CT
        Shire of Deodar, Kingdom of Calontir
        Deodar Pursuivant