Sources for young people?

  • jorie6568
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2005
      Greetings all,
      My kids and I are just starting to get involved in SCA. My oldest
      daughter (14) and sons (11 & 12) attended a demo in the Shire of
      Endewearde yesterday. (I was unable to go due to being in Boston
      Children's Hospital with my 8 year-old.) They have interested been
      for awhile, but are now anxious to get started.

      We are interested in pretty much everything--archery, calligraphy,
      dancing, illumination, sewing, etc...There has been a lot of
      discussion about names, garb, bows, and especially authenticity.
      Does anyone have suggestions for "kid-friendly" sources that would
      be suitably authentic and yet not too dry. They are bright,
      homeschooled, and very excited.

      Also, regarding garb: It is my understanding that children's garb
      is basically the same as adults. Is this the general understanding?
      I figure we would probably start with a fairly "generic" European
      time period.

      Thank you,
      Marge
    • Janet
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2005
        Marge,
        For sources, try the links on the SCA website
        (sca.org) also, many of the kindgom sites have links
        to good resources. Kids do often wear similar garb to
        adults, except it is often much simpler since kids
        grow so fast, it's hard (and expensive) to keep them
        in fancy garb.
        ~Isabel

        http://mail.yahoo.com