Re: Dress Problem

  • rushifa_asahoshi
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2005
      Thank you for the information on the coat, I will definately do a
      search on it now. As for the dres, I ended up wearing a veil for it
      this one time (I had nothing else for my head), but I'll do more
      reasearch into that time period before I wear the outfit to the next
      event.

      A friend of mine agreed with you that the dress was from a later
      period. I was also lucky enough to meet the former owner of this
      dress the other day, and she said as far as she new it was designed
      more for comfort and appearance, and less to actually fit a specific
      period. I also meet the creater of the dress, but did not have time
      to ask about the dress's period of origin. Thank you everyone for the
      advice and accistance!

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 7/30/2005 3:54:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > rushifa_asahoshi@y... writes:
      >
      > <<The white in the last picture is not a chemise, it's the lining
      of the
      > dress. Anyone know if wearing a chemise under it would be
      > appropriate?>>
      >
      > Yes, I thought as much. There is an underdress that goes under a
      ghawazee
      > coat, but I'm not sure of the details of the construction. I would
      bet that
      > googling on "ghawazee coat" would find you some information in that
      regard.

      > << Thanks for the time period, though. I'm
      > planning to wear it with a chemise and veil, I hope that is period
      > enough...>>
      >
      > The lady who posted 12th-13th century for the green overdress is
      incorrect.
      > That is the period I do and the dress in question is absolutely not
      from
      > that time period. My guess would be 15th century or possibly early
      16th,
      > although if it is an Italian style I could be off on that. A
      chemise would be very
      > appropriate, but veils were not being worn at that time period
      except by
      > women in religious orders, I believe. I'm afraid I don't know
      enough about that
      > style to tell you what would be worn with it, however.
      >

      > Brangwayna Morgan
      > Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
      > Lancaster, PA

    • Marco and Jitka Sainte
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
        rushifa_asahoshi wrote:

        > Thank you for the information on the coat, I will definately do a
        > search on it now. As for the dres, I ended up wearing a veil for it
        > this one time (I had nothing else for my head), but I'll do more
        > reasearch into that time period before I wear the outfit to the next
        > event.

        Some time ago, maybe a month or two, I posted a very large attachment
        about Middle Eastern clothing, either to this group or the other
        newcomers' group. It contained information about ghwazee coats, I
        believe. I'd be willing to send that again, or to pass it on to the
        moderators to put in the "files" section of the website. :)

        Fiora

      • rushifa_asahoshi
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2005
          Wow, that would be really helpful! thank you in advance!

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Marco and Jitka Sainte
          <sainte1@s...> wrote:
          > rushifa_asahoshi wrote:
          >
          > > Thank you for the information on the coat, I will definately do a
          > > search on it now. As for the dres, I ended up wearing a veil for
          it
          > > this one time (I had nothing else for my head), but I'll do more
          > > reasearch into that time period before I wear the outfit to the
          next
          > > event.
          >
          > Some time ago, maybe a month or two, I posted a very large
          attachment
          > about Middle Eastern clothing, either to this group or the other
          > newcomers' group. It contained information about ghwazee coats, I
          > believe. I'd be willing to send that again, or to pass it on to the
          > moderators to put in the "files" section of the website. :)
          >
          > Fiora
          >

          > --
          7/25/05
        • Marco and Jitka Sainte
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 4, 2005
            rushifa_asahoshi wrote:

            > Wow, that would be really helpful! thank you in advance!
            >
            > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Marco and Jitka Sainte
            > <sainte1@s...> wrote:
            > > rushifa_asahoshi wrote:
            > >
            > > > Thank you for the information on the coat, I will definately do a
            > > > search on it now. As for the dres, I ended up wearing a veil for
            > it
            > > > this one time (I had nothing else for my head), but I'll do more
            > > > reasearch into that time period before I wear the outfit to the
            > next
            > > > event.
            > >
            > > Some time ago, maybe a month or two, I posted a very large
            > attachment
            > > about Middle Eastern clothing, either to this group or the other
            > > newcomers' group. It contained information about ghwazee coats, I
            > > believe. I'd be willing to send that again, or to pass it on to the
            > > moderators to put in the "files" section of the website. :)

            As soon as I figure out how to send it to the moderators, I will. :)

            (Yes, moderators, that's a not-so-subtle hint that I don't know how to
            get the file to you. :) )

            Fiora

          • rushifa_asahoshi
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 4, 2005
              don't know about the mods, but I think you can add it to the file
              section or links section without their approval...

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 5, 2005
                rushifa_asahoshi wrote:

                > don't know about the mods, but I think you can add it to the file
                > section or links section without their approval...

                Working on it now... there's quite a bit to add. :)

                Fiora

              • jitandmar
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 5, 2005
                  <sainte1@s...> wrote:
                  > rushifa_asahoshi wrote:
                  >
                  > > don't know about the mods, but I think you can add it to the file
                  > > section or links section without their approval...
                  >
                  > Working on it now... there's quite a bit to add. :)

                  Correction... Done. All the files I have are uploaded to the ME Garb
                  folder under "Files" on the group webpage. :)

                  Fiora
                • rushifa_asahoshi
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 5, 2005
                    cool, that will be really useful, I'll check it out!