Pennsic Prep - or will we ever be ready???

  • celtk9equine
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
      This will FINALLY be our first attendance at Pennsic (tried for past
      three years but something always came up) and we're frantically trying
      to get everything together and prepare for every contingency (and I've
      concluded it just ain't possible!!!)

      I am usually a very decisive person, but oh my, just HOW does one
      choose from the vast selection of classes? So many are of interest
      and also conflict. I can only imagine the shopping delights in store!

      Anyway, my lord and I have entered a disagreement about one issue that
      I hope someone here can mediate. We are attending as a family which
      includes two teens. Everyone wants to attend different events
      (fighting, archery, shopping, classes...well I'm sure you get the
      idea :) but how to keep track of everyone? Hubby wants to bring
      those little walkie-talkie things we use for other types of events,
      but I think they would be completely out of place at an event like
      Pennsic (and yes, I find them very irritating at modern/mundane
      events.) Are these little modern gadgets actually used or disdained
      at Pennsic?

      Thank you!

      ~ Ysolt
    • Willie Walter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
        --- celtk9equine <celtk9equine@...> wrote:

        > I am usually a very decisive person, but oh my, just
        > HOW does one
        > choose from the vast selection of classes? So many
        > are of interest
        > and also conflict.

        I hear you, Ysolt! This will also be my first Pennsic,
        and when I saw the University schedule, my head nearly
        exploded with delight! I printed out the schedule and
        poured over it. Even set up an Excel sheet to plot out
        all the things that interested me, to figure out which
        classes overlapped, etc. First time through, I was
        wailing, "When am I supposed to find time to
        *shop*?!?" :-) Once I printed out the battlefield and
        performing arts schedules, it got worse...

        I've been advised by more experienced members of my
        household to limit myself to three classes a day, but
        I don't see that happening. :-) I *have* managed to
        narrow the choices down a bit, and prioritize them to
        some extent. Fortunately, I'm not so regimented a
        person that I feel compelled to actually *follow* the
        schedule to a "T." :-) But I like have guidelines in
        mind...

        Maybe our paths will cross at Pennsic U!

        Peace,
        Grainne ingen Lugdach
        Shire of Roxbury Mill
        Atlantia

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • celtk9equine
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          LOL

          Well, if we miss at Pennsic, maybe I will catch up with you at Kingdom
          Crusades!

          ~ Ysolt de la Mere

          > Maybe our paths will cross at Pennsic U!
          >
          > Peace,
          > Grainne ingen Lugdach
          > Shire of Roxbury Mill
          > Atlantia

          > http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Willie Walter
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
            :-)

            If the Spanish Peacock merchants at Crusades, just
            look for their Irish slave in Viking clothes.
            mwahahaha!

            Peace,
            Grainne

            http://mail.yahoo.com