[SCA Newcomers] Re: Match-making and garb Q

  • lunachick656
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2005
      Oops! Thank you for correcting me. Silly mistake. What I've found
      through research certainly does agree with the covered-up look
      although I've also read that according to the Romani belief system,
      they didn't care much whether they went around nude from the waist
      up so long as they were covered from the waist down because of the
      belief that women were dirty (having to do with their cycles). They
      were obsessed with cleanliness.

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 7/29/2005 3:53:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > lunachick656@y... writes:
      >
      > <<I hadn't planned on wearing a midriff-bearing style but I guess
      it
      > would be nice to have the option. Do you know any more about
      those
      > time periods and cultures? >>
      >
      > I'm sorry, I think I confused you. I was referring to the modern
      concept of
      > gypsys as wearing midriff-baring styles and trying to let you
      know that they
      > would not have done so in any culture I was aware of in period.
      Therefore