Match-making and garb Q

  • lunachick656
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2005
      Hi everyone, My name is Vanessa and I have a garb/fabric question
      and a persona match-making question.
      I am looking into being a Romani persona and as many have said it's
      kind of difficult to find garb-type info. I did look into the
      questions in this groups history and the reply about wearing some
      materials that may have been from the surrounding geographical areas
      is good advice but I still haven't gotten the timeframe or exact
      location of my persona quite figured out yet. At the moment I'm
      thinking maybe 9th or 11th centuries, Transelvanian or Italian. The
      problem is that I'm tying to match up my persona with my husband who
      wants to be a Norse Viking. I want to make this a legitimate,
      authentic relationship so we can be husband and wife in play also.
      How can I make these two personas mesh together into a happy
      household? What kind of stufff should we wear? We live in the high
      desert in California where it's 120(f) in the summer and snows in
      the winter, how can I dress a gypsy warm and is it even possible to
      dress a viking in cool, summer clothes? There is a camping event
      comming up really soon and I would at least like to know what types
      of fabric (linnen,cotton, wool, what else???) I am allowed to
      wear/choose from as a gypsy and maybe what styles/cuts. P.S.- I know
      that both of these personas would have been open to many options by
      way of raids and migration but I don't have much of a clue as to
      what. If anyone has any helpful info or even just a few comments
      please add your two cents their all welcome advice. Thank you all,
      Vanessa & Benny (no SCA names yet)