Dress Question

  • rushifa_asahoshi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      I have this lovely green dress I picked up at a garage sale. The
      woman selling it was a part of the SCA (or at least used to be), and I
      beleive also ren fairs. My problem is I can not place the dress.
      It's highly possible I'm just not aware of it, since, being new, there
      is much I don't know about period clothing. It's green, with trim
      running down the bodice, and looks vaguely Tudor to me. In my folder
      in the Photos section I've included pictures of the dress and its
      coat. The first two are without
      any tucks, but the third picture is pulled tighter across the front.
      The dress is too big for me, so I pull it tighter and create a
      slightly different angle to the trim on the bodice. Not sure how
      period the angle is, but I though it looked good. The fourth picture
      is of the over-coat. If anyone can help my identify this dress, or at
      least tell me if it's period enough to wear to an event without being
      embarassed, I would greatly appriciate it.

      The address to my album:
      27s+Pictures&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.
      yahoo.com/group/scanewcomers/lst%3f%26.dir=/%26.src=gr%26.view=t