Re: [SCA Newcomers] Tibetan or Buddhist Resources?

  • Alyna MacGregor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19 11:45 PM
      There are quite a few good books. I've taken a class
      on Tibetan Buddhism, actually, that was VERY good. A
      different professor is teaching this semester's class,
      but he has some links:

      http://www.tibetinfo.net/
      http://www.thdl.org/
      http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/

      A small, short book that is packed with photos and
      info is "Tibet: Turning the Wheel of Life".

      I don't know everyting about Tibet, but the class I
      took was very informative, and if you have questions,
      I can try my best to answer them, or ask my professor
      for more sources where you *can* get them answered.
      This man's area is Tibetan Buddhism; he's brilliant.

      --- Jeremy Slick <purplellamaboi@...> wrote:

      > At this point...anything! I'm not familiar with
      > where
      > to really look. And my roommate has been coming up
      > with dead ends on everything. So any guidance at
      > this
      > point is helpful.
      >
      > Until the next time,
      > Giudo/Mishka
      >

      > --- Alyna MacGregor <alyna_macgregor@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > This really depends on what you're looking for.
      > Keep
      > > in mind that much of what makes up Tibet
      > culturally
      > > is tied up in what it is religiously. While the
      > > culture is slowly being dissolved by China, what
      > > little there remains is the same as it has been
      > for
      > a > very long time. It would hel if you were a bit
      > more > specific about what exactly you need about
      > Tibet or
      > > Buddhism.

      ~Alyna MacGregor
      Shire of Sable Oak