Re: [SCA Newcomers] Tibetan or Buddhist Resources?

  • Jeremy Slick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      At this point...anything! I'm not familiar with where
      to really look. And my roommate has been coming up
      with dead ends on everything. So any guidance at this
      point is helpful.

      Until the next time,
      Giudo/Mishka

      --- Alyna MacGregor <alyna_macgregor@...> wrote:

      > This really depends on what you're looking for. Keep
      > in mind that much of what makes up Tibet culturally
      > is tied up in what it is religiously. While the
      > culture is slowly being dissolved by China, what
      > little there remains is the same as it has been for
      a > very long time. It would hel if you were a bit
      more > specific about what exactly you need about
      Tibet or
      > Buddhism.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Alyna MacGregor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        There are quite a few good books. I've taken a class
        on Tibetan Buddhism, actually, that was VERY good. A
        different professor is teaching this semester's class,
        but he has some links:

        http://www.tibetinfo.net/
        http://www.thdl.org/
        http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/

        A small, short book that is packed with photos and
        info is "Tibet: Turning the Wheel of Life".

        I don't know everyting about Tibet, but the class I
        took was very informative, and if you have questions,
        I can try my best to answer them, or ask my professor
        for more sources where you *can* get them answered.
        This man's area is Tibetan Buddhism; he's brilliant.

        --- Jeremy Slick <purplellamaboi@...> wrote:

        > At this point...anything! I'm not familiar with
        > where
        > to really look. And my roommate has been coming up
        > with dead ends on everything. So any guidance at
        > this
        > point is helpful.
        >
        > Until the next time,
        > Giudo/Mishka
        >

        > --- Alyna MacGregor <alyna_macgregor@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > This really depends on what you're looking for.
        > Keep
        > > in mind that much of what makes up Tibet
        > culturally
        > > is tied up in what it is religiously. While the
        > > culture is slowly being dissolved by China, what
        > > little there remains is the same as it has been
        > for
        > a > very long time. It would hel if you were a bit
        > more > specific about what exactly you need about
        > Tibet or
        > > Buddhism.

        ~Alyna MacGregor
        Shire of Sable Oak