Re: [SCA Newcomers] Tibetan or Buddhist Resources?

  • Alyna MacGregor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      This really depends on what you're looking for. Keep
      in mind that much of what makes up Tibet culturally is
      tied up in what it is religiously. While the culture
      is slowly being dissolved by China, what little there
      remains is the same as it has been for a very long
      time. It would hel if you were a bit more specific
      about what exactly you need about Tibet or Buddhism.

      --- "Jeremy J. Slick" <purplellamaboi@...>
      wrote:

      > My roommate is digging around for period resources
      > about Tibet or
      > Buddhism in the Middle Ages. Unfortunately, she and
      > I both are not
      > having any luck finding information. Has anyone else
      > found anything
      > that might be useful?
      >
      > Until the next time,
      > Giudo/Mishka
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      ~Alyna MacGregor
      Shire of Sable Oak
      Herald, Webminister
      http://www.geocities.com/sable_oak

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Jeremy Slick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        At this point...anything! I'm not familiar with where
        to really look. And my roommate has been coming up
        with dead ends on everything. So any guidance at this
        point is helpful.

        Until the next time,
        Giudo/Mishka

        --- Alyna MacGregor <alyna_macgregor@...> wrote:

        > This really depends on what you're looking for. Keep
        > in mind that much of what makes up Tibet culturally
        > is tied up in what it is religiously. While the
        > culture is slowly being dissolved by China, what
        > little there remains is the same as it has been for
        a > very long time. It would hel if you were a bit
        more > specific about what exactly you need about
        Tibet or
        > Buddhism.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Alyna MacGregor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
          There are quite a few good books. I've taken a class
          on Tibetan Buddhism, actually, that was VERY good. A
          different professor is teaching this semester's class,
          but he has some links:

          http://www.tibetinfo.net/
          http://www.thdl.org/
          http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/

          A small, short book that is packed with photos and
          info is "Tibet: Turning the Wheel of Life".

          I don't know everyting about Tibet, but the class I
          took was very informative, and if you have questions,
          I can try my best to answer them, or ask my professor
          for more sources where you *can* get them answered.
          This man's area is Tibetan Buddhism; he's brilliant.

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250