Tibetan or Buddhist Resources?

  • Jeremy J. Slick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      My roommate is digging around for period resources about Tibet or
      Buddhism in the Middle Ages. Unfortunately, she and I both are not
      having any luck finding information. Has anyone else found anything
      that might be useful?

      Until the next time,
      Giudo/Mishka
    • Alyna MacGregor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        This really depends on what you're looking for. Keep
        in mind that much of what makes up Tibet culturally is
        tied up in what it is religiously. While the culture
        is slowly being dissolved by China, what little there
        remains is the same as it has been for a very long
        time. It would hel if you were a bit more specific
        about what exactly you need about Tibet or Buddhism.

        --- "Jeremy J. Slick" <purplellamaboi@...>
        wrote:

        > My roommate is digging around for period resources
        > about Tibet or
        > Buddhism in the Middle Ages. Unfortunately, she and
        > I both are not
        > having any luck finding information. Has anyone else
        > found anything
        > that might be useful?
        >
        > Until the next time,
        > Giudo/Mishka
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ~Alyna MacGregor
        Shire of Sable Oak
        Herald, Webminister
        http://www.geocities.com/sable_oak

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Jeremy Slick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
          At this point...anything! I'm not familiar with where
          to really look. And my roommate has been coming up
          with dead ends on everything. So any guidance at this
          point is helpful.

          Until the next time,
          Giudo/Mishka

          --- Alyna MacGregor <alyna_macgregor@...> wrote:

          > This really depends on what you're looking for. Keep
          > in mind that much of what makes up Tibet culturally
          > is tied up in what it is religiously. While the
          > culture is slowly being dissolved by China, what
          > little there remains is the same as it has been for
          a > very long time. It would hel if you were a bit
          more > specific about what exactly you need about
          Tibet or
          > Buddhism.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Alyna MacGregor
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
            There are quite a few good books. I've taken a class
            on Tibetan Buddhism, actually, that was VERY good. A
            different professor is teaching this semester's class,
            but he has some links:

            http://www.tibetinfo.net/
            http://www.thdl.org/
            http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/

            A small, short book that is packed with photos and
            info is "Tibet: Turning the Wheel of Life".

            I don't know everyting about Tibet, but the class I
            took was very informative, and if you have questions,
            I can try my best to answer them, or ask my professor
            for more sources where you *can* get them answered.
            This man's area is Tibetan Buddhism; he's brilliant.

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250