Re: [SCA Newcomers] Jewelry

  • Heather M
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      Rebecca Egan wrote:

      > Does it mean anything if you wear a torque?
      >
      > Rebecca the Dark
      > Outlands
      > Unser Hafen

      Not here. Remember that in the SCAyou're assumed to be of minor but
      gentle birth. I know a guy who's worn a very nice torc since before his
      several awards for both service and sharing and learning of the arts &
      sciences.

      Margaret Northwode
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2008
        My persona is early medieval Scottish. I am looking for information on
        the jewelry worn. I am having a hard time specifying Scottish and it
        actually being period jewelry. Any suggestions on where I can find
        more info on this?
      • Sara L Uckelman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2008
          Quoth "Jennifer":
          > My persona is early medieval Scottish. I am looking for information on
          > the jewelry worn. I am having a hard time specifying Scottish and it
          > actually being period jewelry. Any suggestions on where I can find
          > more info on this?

          The article "Scottish Women's Clothing"
          (http://www.medievalscotland.org/clothing/scotwomen.shtml) primarily
          addresses clothing, but the books which are cited here probably
          also contain information about jewelry and accessories, and the
          same for the books listed at "Books and Articles with Descriptions
          or Depictions of Historical Scottish Clothing"
          (http://www.medievalscotland.org/clothing/books/).

          -Aryanhwy

          --
          vita sine literis mors est